Chapter 14: What's Up Danger?

As of this moment, you felt a little more motivated. You helped miles make his new Spider-Suit, thinking mostly black was a good look for him. Aunt May hooked him up with some web shooters to fit his wrist as the goggles Peni made for you enhanced your sight, making the process easier.

  You and Miles make your way to the top of a building as you both look over the edge.

Y/N: Well, this is it.

Miles: Yeah. . . Look man, I'm real sorry about your father. 

Y/N: Don't be. I just wish I could have been a better son to him. No I gotta go back and deal with that problem. . . I just. I don't know if I'm even ready for that.

Miles: I know. But if you stay here you'll die. Besides, I know you an handle whatever get's thrown at you. You're a strong dude.

  You laugh a bit as you pat Miles on the shoulder.

Y/N: Miles. I am really glad I got to meet you. Even if this is the last time e get to talk, I just want you to know how proud you should be of yourself. You're doing what took most of us days maybe even weeks to get a grasp of. I think you're probably the best of all of us.

  Those words seemed to resonate with Miles as he remembers his Uncle's last words to him.

Uncle Aaron: 'You're the best of all of us Miles. You're on your way.'

Miles: Thanks man. You're a cool guy.

Y/N: I try.

  You and Miles mask up as you both overlook the city, getting ready to start swinging. You both take your stance as you both leap from the building. You watch Miles as you try to fall close to him, but you could tell he was in good hands as he shot his webs, and started swinging.

Nocturne: Try to be in the moment! Swinging like this is scary, but you gotta feel the flow. And remember physics class?

Miles: Uh, yeah?

Nocturne: You're like a pendulum, feel the flow and only use as much as you need on webbing. But, most importantly. Look cool doing it.

  You say as you launch yourself high into the sky, performing multiple flips as you look up to the sky, seeing the stars. You think about your family, your friends, everyone. You may not be able to always save everyone, but what matters is that even if there's nothing you can do, you do what you can.

  You look down seeing Miles doing his own tricks, feeling the flow of the webs. You run along the side of a building and launch yourself further through the city as you see Miles running along the streets, leaping off of cars and back into the air.

Y/N: Hmm, such a daredevil.

  You land next to him as you both conclude your swing. You backflip and land next to Miles, pulling up your goggles.

Y/N: You good?

Miles: Y-Yeah. It's just, dang. The adrenaline is crazy.

Y/N: Yeah, me and my Gwen went through the same thing, but you did it with more style. Now, let's end this thing.

  Meanwhile, the other Spiders made their way on the scene. Peni scanning the tower.

Peni: Kingpin has a private elevator entrance from his penthouse to the collider below.

Noir: Didn't count on having an audience. Where's (Y/N) though. 

Ghost: He'll be here. He just needs time to clear his head.

Spider-Man: Hope he doesn't take too long.

  They all swing to the building, landing on the skylight of the party, seeing everything in full view.