Chapter - 1

Ryan international School, mumbai.

There were rumors in class 10th that a  new guy is about to join in one of the sections.

And here enters, a cute but very shy looking guy entering class 10th "B" With the class teacher.

Teacher - everyone, this is abhyudaya, our new admission this year. His parents had been transferred to mumbai from kolkata. Please make him feel welcome, and remember to be hostile towards him.
Abhyudaya, you want to share anything beta?

Abhyudaya just nods his head in a no.

Teacher - okay, then go sit down next to reyansh, he is sitting on the 4th bench. Go ahead.

Abhyudaya sat down awkwardly and people started approaching him to say hello. He was very introverted so he did not like such attention.

People did not seem to care about his nature at all and started talking about how rude he was by not replying to many of them.

The thing was, this was abhyudaya's first time in a co-ed school. He had never even talked to a girl his age before, never. So all this was new to him and he needed time.

His first day was not the best to him, he got home and told his mom that the school sucked.

The next day as he was going through the hallway to get in his class, he saw a group of girls he saw earlier talking to a girl who looked unfamiliar, they were pointing at him, so he picked up the fact that they were just bullying him. He let that go and entred.

The girl whom he thought was unfamiliar to him, was none other than gautami.

Gk - ye kaisa banda tha be?? Itna attitude??

Girl1- haan yaar, kal bhi ye aisa hi kiya tha.. Kisise dhang se baat nahi ki, sabko full toss ignore.

Gk - ugh, I hate such people, ew I would never talk to him..

A few days passed, abhyudaya made a few guy friends but was still not satisfied with the school life. But the time he was waiting for finally came, examinations. He wanted to show people his true potential and what all he could do.
He also thought very low of gautami in terms of studying as he saw that she participated in co - circular activities a lot and he automatically assumed that she must be quite poor in studies. Their section was also famous for being the most mischievous sections of the 4 so he thought it would take minimal efforts to top the class. On the other hand, gautami also underestimated abhyudaya as she thought of him as a shy, good for nothing boy. They did the exams and it was result time today (unit test).

Teacher - class, I'm very disappointed with you all again as usual, only 5 students have performed good in the class.
And the one who came first in class are actually 2 people. With not even a difference of a point, abhyudaya mohan and gautami kawale have topped the class in this unit test with 96.7%.

Gautami was very shocked about abhyudaya topping the class with her but abhyudaya on the other hand was of a very competitive nature, this triggered him as he always used to top his class even in kolkata, so sharing 1st place wasn't something he was used to. Although abhyudaya was very introverted, he was very competitive about studies so he would always forget sanity when it came to his study ability.

Abhi - excuse me miss..

Teacher - yes?

Abhi - i think your calculations might be wrong, it's impossible that I'm sharing 1st rank with... Her...

Gk - excuse me?? What do you even mean? I've always topped this class, you can ask anyone here, I'm more shocked about you topping the class somehow..

Abhi - oh hello, I've been coming first ever since 1st grade, it is quite obvious that you're always so busy in your co circulars that you're study game might be weak..

Gk - it's not my fault that you firstly don't have enough confidence to participate in activities and secondly dont have time management skills to divide your time, you good for nothing shy kid.

Teacher - okay that's enough both of you!! Why are you both fighting like cats and dogs. And abhyudaya, we've totalled both your marks a lot of times and both have topped, don't make a fuss about something, and gautami you should also try to be polite to people. Come here both of you and shake each other's hands and let us call an end to this catfight.

Both hesitantly came in front from their seats. The teacher signaled them to shake hands, so gautami offered her hand to him, to which he responded with a smirk that stated "the war has begun today. "
They did a very fake handshake.

After school, both of them were absolutely triggered, especially abhyudaya, as he thought that studying was something he was the best at, so how can he share a rank with her?
When the school got over, abhyudaya had decided to stay back and study for the upcoming half yearly test. While gautami decided to stay back to practice for her debate comp coming up.

Both of them, unknown of the other staying back at school, went to the library.
As they were entering, they ran into each other.

Abhyudaya - excuse me? Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho?

Gk - what? Ab mai apne school me kaam bhi nahi kar sakti? And who are you to interrogate me? For your information, mai iss school mein bachpan se hu, I don't need your permission to be here.

Abhyudaya - chill.. Maine bas pucha tha, no big deal.

Gk - whatever..

They entred the library and sat into the seats far far away from the other.

Librarian - are gautami bada! Tumchya debate sarava kasa chala ahe?

Gk - mastt!! In fact, Mi phakta sarava karanyasathi yethe ahe..
(In fact I'm here to practice that only)

Librarian - good good, now practice.

Abhyudaya, who had no idea of what they were talking about, felt that it was regular of gautami to stay back at the library, thus the librarian is so familiar with her.

Soon enough, gautami started practicing for the debate by speaking clearly out loud which gathered abhyudaya's attention.

Abhi (in a loud voice) - shh.. Tumhe dikh nahi raha? Ye library hai jahan koi actually me padhne ki koshish kar raha hai.. Can you not?
Aur vaise bhi tum kar kya rahi ho?

Gk - tumse matlab? And since you're so interested to know about me, ye bhi jan lo ki mai tumhari ye unchi awaaz se darne waalo me se nahi hu, so keep it down alright..

Abhi - God, why are you so snobbish.. You know what, all I'm asking you to do is keep your voice down, mujhe upcoming test ke liye padhna hai..

Gk - Aaj result aaya aur aaj hi padh rahe ho? Each to their own I guess..

Abhi (whispering) - iss ladki ne mere saath top maara hai, batao? Yaa to ye aise rehne ka pretend kar rahi hai, ya to mere standards bohot bure gir gaye hain..

Gk - kuch kaha tumne??

___________________________________________

Ye raha chapter 1 ,
If you liked it,then do vote, comment and follow <3