Chapter ¹ - The rising Moon

June 21st. Saturday. "Morning, Ma!" I beamed, chasing the dog 'round the kitchen. She looked up and gave me the 'finishing the chapter' look.
Yet five minutes later, breaking the silence, She yawned while replying with "Morning, My little youngin!".
"Ma, I'm 19 now, don't you think I'm a bit old for youngin?" I questioned.
"It's my nickname for ya'? What else should I call ya', my big old lady? Is that better?" Ma said jokingly.
"Okay... Older woman, we can stick stick with youngin.." I uttered with defeat in my tone. "Off topic, did you have an all nighter again, ma?" I added.
"It was an accident," She admitted, guilt in her eyes.
"Ya' know we have a busy day," I wallowed.
"Should be plural, days," she critiqued, while adding "Why don't you go and see the Duchess, wear that pretty dress, hurry on now!".
Shoving 'breakfast' in my mouth, of course the most unlady like manner, I ran up the stairs. Making my self look pretty in my blue dress, I ran out the door not to be late!
A quick run to the castle and I arrived at the duchesses Chambers.
Although she was pretty she was nearly double our age! Maybe 38!
She quickly noticed me, as I walked in.
"Who are you?" She demanded.
"Aleari Skybound," I announced.
She thought for a moment... Then laughed to herself. "And whose your mother?" She asked sarcastically.
"Libbsie Mai," I answered confused.
"No," She snapped, "Skybound, girl, Aleari Skybound!".
"I'm not sure that matters," I hesitated, "To you, anyway,".
"Your mother and I were close, then she had a child and left you in.." She stopped.
"Left me in where?" I Questioned eager.
"Doesn't matter!" She snapped again.

I could tell that the dutchess was short tempered as soon as our conversation started, however she almost spilled a secret.. Maybe I could get it out.