˗ˏˋ 2 ˎˊ˗ rewritten

Y/n rushed across the room searching for her family. She frantically looked around searching for the familiar faces of her family. She spotted her father in the corner of the room talking and drinking with someone with red skin. 

She picked up the bottom of her skirt so she wouldn't trip and started making her way towards her father. As she got closer the smell of cigars entered her nose. She gagged but continued forward. Once she got to her father she grabbed his arm. 

"Father may I talk to you?" She asked through strained teeth.

He looked at her confused and laughed. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows and started up into his eyes. Her father laughed again before looking at her confused.

"Are you going to say anything child?" He had an annoyed expression on his face. 

"Sorry father, but may we talk in the hall?" 

"If we must." She grabbed his hand and started dragging him outside the ballroom. Once they were outside Y/n's face changed from one of forced happiness to anger.

"Why did no one tell me I'm to stay at this house for year?" She whisper-screamed.

"No one told you?" 

She shook her head.

"Oh sorry, well when we get home tonight you have to pack your bags and tomorrow morning we will drop you off. You will have to say goodbye to everyone because we will only visit every two months." He looked at his watch and became disappointed that 3 minutes of his life had been wasted on this stupid conversation. 

Tears formed in Y/n's eyes as she rushed back into the ballroom, leaving her father outside looking as the conversation never happened and that she didn't exist. She started looking around only to see Wednesday leaning by the door with his head against the wall.

When he saw that she was looking he turned his head and started at her. His face held no emotions, and he looking like a walking corpse. After a couple more seconds she looked away and started looking for her sister. 

She looked around the whole room, she looked at every corner and couldn't find Rose. Sighing with defeat, she leaned against the wall and slid down. Her dress swooped around her and formed a circle around her. She pulled her legs to her chest and rested her head on them.

She could feel the tears fall down from her eyes and land on her knees. She began to wonder what life would be like living at this house. 

Will I ever have a real home?

Will they treat me well?

What if they are murderers?

Will I die?

I want to go home.

Oh wait

I don't have one.