Chapter 2

Let me tell you a little secret that iv never told anyone about, not even my mom. When I was around eight years old, I was meandering around in the woods having the time of my life, until I stumbled upon a purple-glowing fruit on the ground. So of course I did what any young and naive child would do and ate it. For the rest of that day, nothing went wrong, and I felt nothing different about myself, until the next morning. I went to put my shoes on and go outside to explore somewhere when my leg got caught in the door, at first I thought nothing of it until I turned around and saw my legs stretched far away from my body. I was shocked at first, but then I remembered my mom telling me a bedtime story about this, about devil fruits.
In my world, we have things called devil fruits. Devil fruits are special fruits, when you eat them they will give you special abilities. But in return, I cannot swim and that affects every devil fruit user.
I started loading my things onto the boat, the boat was not much but it was all I had at the moment. I went into the boat and said my goodbye to the island I spent most of my life on, I won't come back to this island until I become one of the world's greatest pirates. I set off which is how my journey started.
I suddenly woke up to the feeling of my boat suddenly stopping, I got up tired and exhausted, and I saw an island filled with trees and greenery. I looked around and jumped at the sight of a woman standing before me.

It gets better I promise lol.