Chapter 1: The Name is Jess

It was ten o'clock at night and I was in the middle of crying hysterically while throwing popcorn at my tiny iPad as I watched Netflix.

"No! This is not okay! Don't do it Jack! You're better than this!" I continued to sob at my favorite character, Jack, for his outrageous antics. If he did this he would go to jail. He couldn't do it. He just couldn't! Jail was too harsh for his luscious waves of brown hair and seemingly soft skin.

My breath hitched in my throat as another character finally caught up to him and stopped him. Not before breathing three words that changed everything. That was it. Season 2 was over. With an intense cliffhanger that I was going to have to think over for months.

After suffering from a series of overdramatic outbursts over the next ten minutes, I finally managed to calm down and put my iPad away. I was overwhelmed. I remembered Jack's wild eyes as he processed the new information. My blissful, oblivious husband. It had been too soon for him.

This was a typical summer night for me. Watching Netflix was pretty much my life from June to August because my best friend Alina Aguilar was always at cheer camp. I wasn't complaining though. There was nothing better than cuddling up in my covers and binge watching a good TV series. I've watched Revenge about 3 times already, but suspense shows like that could never get old. Men that look like Jack never hurt either.

As I fawned over my gorgeous TV husband, my phone began to ring. My mood immediately turned sour. Lately I had been getting litters of calls interrupting my Netflix time. At first I thought someone might've accidentally switched a digit before dialing the number they originally wanted, but I quickly began to realize someone must've given out my number because everyone on the other end always asked for the same person: Sarah.

I groaned as my phone rang for the seventh time that night. Looking at the screen, I saw it was an unknown number. No surprise there. I contemplated on whether I should answer or not. At first I really wasn't going to.

Ring. Ring.

My eyebrows scrunched together. My finger was seconds away from pushing decline.

Ring. Ring.

But what if they kept on calling? Every time I declined the call, they always kept calling back. Some numbers it took about five declines before they finally got it in their heads not to call me. I really wasn't about that tonight. I wanted some peace. Immediately, my finger changed direction and I found myself clicking accept.

"Hello?" I asked, worried of who it would be this time.

"Sarah?"

I let out an annoyed groan. Of course. Another fan of Sarah. These people just couldn't get enough of her I guess. Not just any kind of people either. Males. It was obvious that whoever this Sarah was had given them a fake number and they were too stupid to realize it. I just wish she wouldn't have given my number to these buffoons.

"This is not Sarah!" I yelled into the phone, and then hung up.

I stared at the blank screen for a few seconds before breathing a relieved sigh. They weren't going to call back.

At least I thought.

Moments after I had ended the call, the sound of my phone ringing filled my ears yet again and the screen displayed the same unknown number that had called me seconds before. With an eye roll, though no one could see it, I picked up the phone.

"What?" I said snappily.

"Look, ma'am I apologize. " My eyes almost popped out of my head. Ma'am? Was this a joke? Did I really sound old on the phone? As the thoughts ran through my head, he continued to speak. "I had the wrong number. That's my mistake. I was just trying to get a hold of-"