Chap 3

Trevor pov

It's been three days, and still no sight of Alucard. After I told Sypha what had happened, what I did, she slapped me harder than anyone ever has in my life. I actually thought that she might have killed me for a second. Now she barley let's me be around her until I find Alucard and bring him back. And she's right. I have to find him.
Given the state I left him in, he's either hiding somewhere recovering or, he's plotting my death. A very painful one, I'm sure.

However, it's late now. We've traveled pretty deep into the forest and needed to set up camp. Sypha crouched down and started to make up a fire using her magic. "A very convenient attribute." "I guess as a speaker magician, you're used to being on the road all the time."

She looked at me disapprovingly. I suppressed an urge to groan out loud. Ugh, how long is she going to be pissed at me? It's clear I made a mistake, but she knows that I'm out looking for him every day and night.
As i attempted to approach, she quickly got up and snuffed the fire out before leaving for bed.

"You can keep yourself warm,"

God damn it.

A few moments pass, and I just stand. Either I join the scary lady in the caravan, or I can remain out here, under the stars...in the cold.
A few wind brees cause me to chill despite myself. I look up at the sky. "Could really use a fire right about now."

I need to take a piss. I pass by some trees and prepare for take off. Just then, I sensed something. Immediately, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Something was near.

I followed the trail, leading me a little bit further into the woods. A sudden sound caused me to stop in my tracks.
I had my whip ready at hand. Whatever is here, it's not making a move yet.

"All right,  whoever you are, I know you're here,"
I paused, waiting. Listening.
I could hear wind in the trees and some water nearby.  And then snap* a twig breaking behind me.
I swiftly turn around and fire a shot with my whip. It had no real target, only meant to warn my approacher to back off. Suddenly, an inhuman speed was circulating me, over and over.
Before I could pinpoint their location, I was pushed away, the back of my head hitting a tree hard.
I groaned at the impact, a swelling pain building up. I managed to stand back up, though it wasn't as smooth as I would have preferred. And then there he was.

Alucard.