Lavender fields (angst)

Tw: Death + cringe writing
(Writing like this) = me putting random shit in

The bleak, depressing train stormed through the bright lavender fields ruining the ambience of the countryside with its loud clamour and nauseating fumes. Mika paced up and down the crowded train carriages wondering when she would finally arrive home to her younger sister Annabelle. By now Annabelle would be home from school, most likely bored out of her mind, drawing in chalk on the front lawn or maybe sitting on the swing daydreaming endlessly about something Mika would never know. The train was running an hour late. Or around an hour. Mika was losing all sense of time staring out into the endless fields of lavender that slowly turned into roses, then morphed again into daisies. She hoped she would be home soon because then she could visit one of her very few friends, Andrew.

As Mika remembered that train ride, she thought of how stupid she could be sometimes. For when she returned home that day... Something terrible happened...

When the train finally, albeit somewhat abruptly, came to a halt Mika immediately knew something was wrong. She could feel a deep sense of dread in her bones. All around the station, whispering started. Someone she didn't know walked up to her and said that they were sorry for her losses. When she asked why they didn't respond and moved into the crowd boarding the train. Panic rising within her, she started to run out of the station into what she thought was going to be a cool fresh breeze but it wasn't. It was smoky, hazy and wedged itself into her eyes. Starting to run, she hoped nothing had happened to her sister or father. She didn't want history to repeat itself. Not again.

After her mother died in a horrific 'accident' (it obviously wasn't) Mika felt like she would never be happy again. That her mother's life ended too early. As if she got off the train of life at the wrong station...

Racing down street after street, she noticed the smoke thickened and clogged her lungs. There was barely audible shouting in the distance. She could see the flames now. The way the fiery reds and vibrant oranges licked the sky, stealing her home and possibly all the family she had left. Finally reaching the house, sobs racked her entire body as the truth settled in. They were dead. Everything she worked for was gone. Except for... Her cat??? How did the cat survive and not her sister or father??? Absolutely bewildered, Mika took the cat in her arms and continued to sob. (The cats name was mister sprinkles and it was a calico by the way)

After watching the firefighters try to extinguish the flames for a while, Mika stopped sobbing and slowly walked to Andrew's house hoping they would let her stay until she got her own house.