39 ⋆ IT'S CALLED THE MEADOW

THE BOTTOM - MITCHELL

"You've heard it all, I've whispered to my mother next to you
I hate the Hudson River, I'm loyal to you
I'll eat the scuba divers if they eat me
But they'll take me before I get the chance to swallow them whole"

"You've heard it all, I've whispered to my mother next to youI hate the Hudson River, I'm loyal to youI'll eat the scuba divers if they eat meBut they'll take me before I get the chance to swallow them whole"

DEVLIN'S PAST POV
15/JUNE/2020

"Happy Skate Daaaay!" Louis shouts out with his phone in the air to capture all of us in the video for his Snapchat story. He had on his blue helmet and other stuff to protect himself with while everyone else just looked normal for today. "Gotta get my speaker." He jogs back to the house.

Yesterday, we spent the whole day at the Foster's place while the rain was coming to pour down into our small town and Louis has been hoping that the rain will eventually stop because of Skate Day, his little holiday he made up since day one of being a Foster. Skate Day is a day where you'll bring everyone you know out of the house just to skate for a whole day. If you don't have shakes, a scooter, or a bike, then do something about it.

When he told me about it, I was already ready for the day. I have an old pair of skates from home and I usually ride a bike so I knew that today would be the perfect time to put them on. Louis has five skateboards and has three on them hanging on his wall so he was able to give Niall and Vicky a skateboard since they didn't have anything except the fact that Niall has a surfboard on the ceiling in his room. Niall also said that Zayn has rollerblades since Harry didn't have anything Skate Day related and he then said he didn't want to participate on this special day. I asked him why and he only said that he didn't want to get hurt or anything 'cause he thinks he's so clumsy... so I told him he could use my bike if he knows how.

He doesn't and he is clumsy.

"Just balance." I grin, slowly stepping away from him as he starts pushing the pedals and it looks like he is having a hard time like the other two tries. "I hate this..." he murmured and I could see him pout feet away from me. "Well hey we're making fun out of all of this today so bring that smile back," I spoke back, slowly following him from behind just to stay close in case he'd fall or anything.

"You're doing great..." I raised my voice as I continued watching him, making his way down the empty street until he began to lose balance from going too fast to the point where he didn't know what to do to slow down. "Oh shit-" I immediately start running after him with the others still behind. "Harry slow down!" I shout, continuing to run down the street or through dirt and concrete.

"I told you he needs training wheels!" Niall shouts far behind me and I roll my eyes, finally catching up right before Harry suddenly falls over. "Oh my god-" I crash down to my knees by Harry who is on the ground, "Are you okay?!" I questioned, almost panicking if he wasn't okay.