40 ⋆ IT'S THAT CLOWN AGAIN

RIBS - LORDE

"This dream isn't feeling sweet
We're reeling through the midnight streets
And I've never felt more alone
It feels so scary getting old"

"This dream isn't feeling sweetWe're reeling through the midnight streetsAnd I've never felt more aloneIt feels so scary getting old"

HARRY'S PAST POV
16/JUNE/2020

I was staring at my dinner plate. I lost my appetite from the shouting down in the basement from down the hallway away from the kitchen where my mother and sister are sitting for dinner. My father didn't want to join dinner because he said he wasn't interested in doing family things like normal families would but being a father to his only son which he isn't like any of the good fathers in the world. Those kids are lucky.

I feel my sister bumping her elbow in my arm. "Harry, try to eat up. There won't be much food tomorrow until Father lets Mum go out of the house to go grocery  shopping." She told me with worry as she was almost done with her plate of Lasagna.

Instead of saying "okay" and finally starting to eat my plate so I wouldn't have an empty stomach, I slid the plate to her, keeping my eyes down. "Harry, please..." I hear her whine and I feel my mother shaking her head at her to stop her. "I have energy I'm fine." I decided to speak out to them.

"Don't let your father do this to you, Harry, the more he's doing this to you, the worse you'll feel..." My mother whispered across the table and I looked up over to her green eyes matching mine except for my sister's. She was smiling with the bags underneath her eyes and her hair was in a low bun for days so it looked messy. I couldn't talk back in time right before the three of us heard the basement door being unlocked with its multiple locks. I look at my sister.

She's scared and so is my mother.

They weren't only scared of my father, they were scared of what my father would constantly do to me until I took things seriously at such a young age.

"Harlow...." I heard no father sing out my name with heavy footsteps coming from down the halfway. He had a deep voice, somehow losing his Italian accent, and sounded more American even though he wasn't American at all. "That is not his name!" My mother calls out, standing up from her seat when he shows up with wide furious eyes. "You think you're a good mother who thinks she has the right to give my son a name?!" He suddenly grabs my arm, making me stand up on my feet so he can drag me away to the basement down the dark hallway, and away from the two people I feel safe with.

"I'm okay- I'm okay." I tried to speak to my mother the best I could to her so she'd know I'd be fine. "Don't you dare hurt him!" She continued yelling at him while I was hoping for her to give attention to me instead of worrying about him. "Oh, I'm going to damage him all right... he's spending a few nights in the basement for singing to his sister so she can sleep when I told him he isn't allowed to do the things he loves. She needs to know how to sleep on her own!"