You're gonna need it

season 1 episode 3
"Won't get fooled again"

"Pipe Bomb" Gideon simply said as he placed a picture of said device on the table along with all the other files they had on the case that were spread across the table for the profilers sitting at it to see.

"Packed in cardboard boxes'' Derek added on.

"So their package bombs" Robin said.She was unsure at first how she was going to fit in with the teams dynamic so had decided in her head to contribute whenever her thoughts could be of use.

"Sent through the mail?" Gideon asked.

"No" Derek answered him "The other picture in your hand is the switch that AFT found. Same mechanism for both bombs. Mercury-activated"

"What does that mean?" Elle questioned.

"There are contacts to a detonator on either end of the bent tube full of mercury" Spencer answered.

"Which means all you have to do is tilt the package to detonate it"Robin worked out causing Derek to grin at her.

"Seems someone knows her bomb stuff" Derek announced with a slight chuckle making Robin grin sheepishly.

"I don't know that much,i mean i've read articles about how different types of bombs work an-and the different types of bomber there is but other than that you know i'm no expert" she rambled quickly ready for the conversation to go another way.

"Well then Robin seems you choose a good day to join us" Gideon told her before to robins relief there was finally a change of subject away from her.

"So they couldn't of been sent through the mail.The bomber had to deliver them himself" Elle realised from what Robin had previously said.

"Exactly" Derek agreed.

"Strange way to commit an act of terrorism. Why go to all this trouble just to kill a few people?" Hotch wondered.

"Lets recommend not raising the terror alert level for now" Gideon suggested and when both Hotch and Derek gave him confused looks he further explained "No reason to spread panic"

Just then JJ reentered the room announcing "We got news" before she switched the tv in the conference room on which had the news from where the bombing occurred playing. "This is just a local channel but the coverage is everywhere now. CNN,Fox,MSNBC, AI Jazeera , you name it"

"So much for not wanting to spread panic" Robin sighed as she watched the screen with the rest of the team.

The team listened as the news reporter shared details about the condition of one of the victims and other things about the case the public hadn't known yet.

"If DHS doesn't raise the terror alert now, they'll look weak"Gideon said clearly a tad annoyed that this information had been leaked as now the public would all be worried.

"Make sure Homeland Security knows that this is everywhere" Hotch told JJ before all of a sudden a blast sounded from the tv and the team looked to see a bomb exploding behind the news reporter.

"Looks like we're going to palm beach. Lets meet at the airstrip in 20" Hotch told them all before he turned to Robin. "Knight you have a travel bag at the ready?"