Ruthless

***

Fingers placed on the metal piece, knowing my hand movements would decide my whole life, one wrong move and it's all gone. Feeling the adrenaline rush thru my chest when I heard the small metal ball spin around the roulette. Feeling the chips press against my hand. Smiling with confidence and bitterness, unbreakable. Placing the lit cigarette closer to my red lips. Watching as the ball spun around, slowing down. Watching how my life can be ruined in a matter of seconds.

I lied, it wasn't my life depending on anything, but I'd like to pretend it was, it was way more fun.

I wanted to sit in that chair to feel like a gun was pointed at my head, just to feel the fun, knowing I was betting for my life.

Analysing their faces and sensing their fear.

Watching as they gamble away all their money and basically life. Watching it become an addiction. But that was only if you were stupid.

But no one dared to gamble away their life, unless they had to, which happened, a lot.

"Wish me luck." William said, grabbing my thigh as I stood besides him.

I didn't answer him, I just gave him a light pat on his shoulder and a forced smile.

I sat on the edge of his chair arm rest, leaning against the table, knowing damn well he would lose.

He didn't bet too much, but still a lot. It irritated me how he always lost.

I looked over at the other guy, he was leaning back on his chair With a cigarette in his mouth.  We both knew he was going to win.

His sleeves were rolled up with tattoos showing on his arm, his hands decorated with chunky rings.

I smiled at the thought of William loosing, I didn't know why I liked that.

I grabbed the red cigarette pack laying on the green table. Opening the lid and grabbing a fresh cigarette, quickly grabbing the lighter. Placing it under the tip of the cigarette, lighting it, watching as it becomes grey on the tip. Placing it in between my tinted lips, inhaling and hearing the sound from it. Breathing out the burning smoke.

"Get that filthy thing away from me. You know I hate it when you do that." William complained.

He really pissed me off, as if he could decide what I do.

I glanced over at him as I took another puff.

Still sitting on the chair, just looking at him with disgust.

"I said, take that away." His face changed.

I leaned back, not smiling.

"Fine." I said annoyed, pushing the chair away from the table, making me stand up.

Crushing the cigarette into the table, watching the cinder fall.

His face grew angry when he saw what I did.

"Why are you such a bitch Celeste!" He yelled while slamming the glass on the table.

"Fuck you" I yelled, "fucking shove them up your ass then!" I shouted while backing away.

"Chill." William yelled.