1

It's been about a year since I have seen anyone from my group... Especially Daryl.

As I walk through the woods I can hear rustling around me.

This makes me stop for a moment. I grab my knife and hold it up. I take a minute to listen for anything nearby. The apocalypse and being alone made me become very on edge about a lot of things.

A man emerges from a nearby bush as he holds up a gun.

A moment later he lowers it. In return I lower my weapon of choice.

"Who are you and why are you near our territory? " he asks.

"I'm sorry? Who is "our"? " I ask as he shakes his head.

"Don't play games with me. Alexandria. The sanctuary that is literally a mile away from here" he says as I look at him with confusion.

If there were signs I clearly didn't see them. I try to avoid the main roads.

"Are you a Savior? " he asks me as I feel even more confused.

"I- what? " I ask as he sighs.

"Apart of Negan's group. We haven't seen him yet. We just know he has a group. Are you or are you not a part of that group?" he asks as I shake my head.

"Alright. Tell me your name then. Where did you come from? I want a full origin story. From maybe a... Year ago. Till now" he says.

"Y/n L/n. Um about a year ago I was staying with a group when another group bombed our base. Been looking for them since" I say as he smiles.

"That sounds like a fair answer. I'm Eugene" he says as I immediately raise my knife again.

"Don't you dare come near me" I spat.

"Look I just want to help you. I had to make sure you didn't identify as Negan" he says as I shake my head.

"You used to live at Woodbury with the Governor" I say as his eyes widen.

"How the hell do you have that information? " he asks as he raises his gun.

I cock my head to the side and smirk.

"Oh? My apologies Eugene. You were the one who blew up my fucking base. You and your friends are the reason I was separated from my group" I say as he drops his gun.

"What? Wait you mean you were with Rick's group? " he asks as I nod.

"Okay. Okay you are going to have to trust me... Like a lot. We had teamed up to go check our a place called Terminus. It appeared to be full of cannibals. Afterwards we went and traveled on the main road. Some guy told us about Alexandria. I hate to do this. Well I want to ask this, but I hate that you might not trust me. But will you come with me back to Alexandria? " he asks as I just stand there processing what he just said.

"I... Oh what the hell do I have to lose? I haven't seen another person I exactly knew before today. And if it took a year just to simply find a mutual of the people I am looking for, I might as well go with" I say as he nods.

He picks up his gun and signals me to follow him.

After a brief five to ten minute walk, we reach the gates of what I assume is Alexandria.

As they open two people stand there with weapons ready.

I never seen the one person..

But the other....

"Y/n? " Rick asks as my eyes widen.

Eugene wasn't joking. He seriously wasn't joking. I thought... I thought he was tricking me or something. I truly did.

As I step through the gates, Rick pulls me in for a hug immediately.

"Eugene. Go get Carol and Michonne. Don't tell them we found Y/n. Just get them. Daryl is out right now hunting" Rick says as he pulls away from me.

"I couldn't find anyone for a year. Then suddenly Eugene found me wandering around like a lost puppy" I say as Rick laughs.

A minute later Michonne and Carol are in sight as they suddenly run towards me.

"Y/n! " Carol says as she pulls me into a hug.

"Carol! It's good to see you! Is... How is everyone? " I ask as she pulls away.

"Well... We lost Lizzie and Mika. We almost lost Beth but she's okay now" she says as I sigh.

Two kids are dead.... Isn't that just great?

I hear metal hit the ground so I turn to the direction of the noise.

"Y/n? " Daryl asks as he stands at the gates.