Chapter Ten

"Savannah!! "  I snapped out of the silence as someone called out my name

I turned around to see the person standing by the door

"Arthur!" I smiled

He came and hugged me

"oh my god savannah, I cant believe its really you, wait do the kids know that-"

"no and you would really do favors if you keep your mouth shut Arthur" Charles said

Just then a nurse came "visitation time is over, the patient needs to rest, one family member can stay tonight in case of emergency"

"I'll stay" Arthur said

Author's POV:

As Savannah left the room Arthur went and sat on the couch placed beside the hospital bed.

"You do know that I heard everything,right? " he said to his brother

"what do you mean?"

"the way you were talking to her fiancée, you were jealous Charlie"

"don't talk rubbish"

"just admit it, you are still in love with her"

Charles threw a pillow in his brothers' direction "I said shut up"

"You don't really believe she married you for money, do you? I never thought and I still don't think savannah is that type of girl. I think she's hiding something. Why don't you ask her clearly Charles?"

"you think I haven't? she never says anything . It's pretty evident Arthur , we fell out of love. Charles said as he looked at the door she went through.

As Savannah reached the parking lot, Adam was standing beside his car

"that douchebag must have irritated you, lets have a nice dinner just you and me". he leaned to kiss her

"Adam you know I have to be with the kids " she pulled away

"well then let me at least drop you at his penthouse, its late"

"umm... I actually have something to do, why don't you go home and rest, I'll finish off my work and take cab"

"Okay go safely"

After Adam left she went back to Charles's suite, hesitated a moment before knocking

"Arthur? you in here?"

"Savannah?" Arthur opened the door "I thought you left"

"Umm... can you stay with the kids tonight?"

"but-

"please, you know I wont be able to leave him alone in this state"

"fine"

"thankyou" she said with a faint smile on her lips

"Savannah, you really hurt him.and I will never forget you for that. I don't know why you left six years ago or why are you back now but for the sake of your children savannah, don't mess it up this time."

Before she could react, Arthur grabbed his keys and jacket and left.

She then slowly peaked through the door and saw Charles sleeping peacefully. Although there were some bruises, his face was still perfect . His dimples were mildly visible and his pink lips were slightly parted.

As she curled up on the sofa in the living room , her mind went reminiscing eight years back to the day she met him