sān.

Renjun yawned weakly as he closed his locker, before leaning on it as he waited for Chenle who was looking for a book he needed for his next class. The 15 minute break was something he really needed, because he was tired of sitting next to Mark Lee.

He brought his hand to his eye and rubbed gently for a few seconds, before turning to Chenle who finally closed his locker, while holding the book he needed for his next class in his hand. Chenle gave him a sheepish smile, as he rolled his eyes in response.

They both stood in front of their locker discussing about their start of the day, and as usual Renjun complained again and again about Mark Lee, while Chenle listened boredly. It had been a week and a half since he had been sitting next to Mark Lee in class—and that week and a half was more than enough for him, he couldn't stand the canadian anymore. Like literally.

Time passed quite quickly, as they chatted without paying attention to the people passing by them, and they were so caught up in their conversation that they didn't even notice Jeno coming their way. It was only when the vice-captain of the basketball team stopped by them, and cleared his throat that Renjun and Chenle finally noticed him.

Chenle immediately started smiling at Jeno. "Hi Jen'! What's up?" he asked him, while Renjun nodded slightly at him with a smile.

Jeno smiled back, stuffing his hands into his jacket pockets. "Hi Lele, I just wanted to ask you two if you'd want to have lunch with me this afternoon, I rarely see you in the cafeteria at lunchtime!"

Renjun raised a brow as he looked at Chenle who looked back at him. They usually pack lunch and ate it together in the art room, because Renjun wasn't too found of the cafeteria crowd—and Chenle, well he just didn't want to eat alone in the cafeteria since he refused to eat at Sungchan and Jaemin's table for very obvious reasons... which were Mark Lee himself and well Mark Lee, just him really.

The older Chinese then turned in Jeno's direction after a moment while nibbing at his inner cheek, as Jeno was looking at him for a response—waiting calmly in front of them.

And to be honest Renjun wanted to say yes to Jeno, but Donghyuck immediately popped up in his mind, and he didn't really want to have something to do with him after what happened on the first day they met, and literally the days that followed after. Because even if Renjun wasn't scared of Donghyuck, he didn't like being confrontational with people—it wasn't his style at all. And the light brown haired boy was wearing his five last standing nerves out that were currently holding for their dear life, so he could continue on tolerating him before actually snapping.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Chenle and I are fine together." Renjun finally answered which made Jeno frown.

"Why? Did I do or said something wrong?" Jeno asked in utter confusion, because of course he didn't picked up on why Renjun didn't want to eat with him.

"It's not you Jeno I swear..." Renjun sighed. "It's just that I don't want any problem with your boyfriend. Last time we interacted he spilled his orange juice on my uniform, and my new shoes—again—I don't really want to get another pair of uniform ruined and I'm literally wearing my favorite pair of converse!" He explained before lowering his gaze toward his shoes. First pair of shoes Chenle brought for him with his own money, the money Chenle earned while working part-time at convenience store during summer break last year after battling with his parents to let him experience real work.

Jeno's face dropped as soon as he finished his sentence and even thought Renjun didn't see it he felt it, he felt the disappointment, and he felt guilty about it. He never declined a nice offer coming from people that were trying to befriend him, but he was too tired to deal with Donghyuck's bullshit and well over it to be for real.