The New Kid

I got to math class, and it was a regular day, a regular struggling Carmine. I was tired and did not want to talk to anyone, but in English I noticed a new kid. I don't know him, but he seemed familiar maybe I've seen him around town. I sat down at one desk in front and left. I felt eyes on me all class and I'm not sure by who. I went to APush and he basically lectured the whole class. When I got out, I met back at Carmines locker. The new kid was standing with him.

"Hey, are you new?" I asked and he gave me the prettiest smile. I blushed a bit and got butterflies, but it had to be Carmine right. I don't know this guy I mean I feel like I've met him. 

"Yea, Kole" he said with a deep soothing voice. 

"I was just giving him a tour" Carmine said kind of coldly cutting him off before he could say anything. 

"It's not the best since we're in different grades, but it's school's mistake" Kole said and seemed disinterested in Carmine. I raised my eyebrows implying I wanted to know his grade. "I'm a junior."

"Oh, well if Carmine doesn't mind, I'll give you the tour" I said not really minding the look Carmine was giving me. He smiled at me as Carmine shot daggers. 

"That would be great I mean you were in English with me earlier," he chuckled, and he pulled up his schedule. I noticed we had third, fifth, and sixth period together. 

"Well Writing and Physics we have together so let's go" I said walking away as he followed. "So, do you like writing or is it all there was" I laughed once we got out of earshot of Carmine and halfway there. 

"It's kind of all they had, I uh suck at least writing," he said getting a bit louder. "Is that your boyfriend or something?" 

"No, we went out last night, but I don't know how I feel yet" we got to the classroom, and I started to get the door when he took it from me.

I sat down and he sat down next to me. There are assigned seats, but she didn't assign him one. I assume that's where he is from now on which is nice, I guess. I started working on my book instead of the assignment since I got it done the second of four days. About a quarter of the way through the class I heard Kole whisper "What's the deal?"

I figured he was talking about our previous conversation even though it was like ten minutes ago. "He teased me a lot and has a weird attitude sometimes, plus, he's one of my best friends twin brother." 

"Mm I get it," he said, and I went back to writing. "Did you go to Shorecrest Prep?" 

"Um, yea" I said a little creeped out turning away from my writing. "My freshman year before some family stuff happened."

"I knew it Violet White, right" I chuckled, a bit at the rhyming but still. I thought it was weird, but he must be from there. I nodded slowly, and he explained he went there too. We talked about it until the end of class.

"So, why are you down here junior year?" I asked especially because he didn't start at the beginning of the year. 

"Parents got divorced, and my mom moved back home," he said as I felt sorry for him. "But me and my mom are close my dad and I barely talk."

"Well, I get you there" I raised my eyes blowing it off. "My parents are workaholics I think the last time I had a meal with them is the day my sister died." I said and my eyes widened.

"Oh," he said shocked.

"I'm so sorry that was an overshare" I released a nervous smile turning back to my work. 

"Hey, no it's fine. I overshared with my parents" he said grabbing my hand to face him again. I blushed at the touch and looked down and away from his hand.