San Diego Comic Con 2023 [FUN UPDATE]

Hi all,

Unfortunately this isn't an update to the fanfiction itself, but I did want to share a quick update from this past summer related to The Owl House as a little send-off to the show!

I attended San Diego Comic Con in July 2023 and had the opportunity to attend The Owl House "Us Weirdos Have to Stick Together" panel as well as meet several members of cast, including Sarah-Nicole Robles (Luz) [pictured], Avi Roque (Raine Whispers), Cissy Jones (Lilith), Elizabeth Grullon (Camila), and Rebecca Bozza (producer on the show).

It was so heartwarming hearing stories about the show from the cast, and most of the panel was centered around answering fan questions. I saw so many great cosplays, and I got to make meet a bunch of other fans while waiting in line for autographs. There are so many cool LGBTQ+ youth out there who attended this panel and the autograph session with me, and it definitely helped me feel less alone as a queer woman and optimistic for the future seeing how many queer youth are out and proud.

This show means so much to me, and I am so grateful that younger children will be able to consume media with positive LGBTQ+ representation. Amity and Luz's relationship means so much to me as a lesbian, and I am grateful I was able to contribute to the fandom in some way through this fanfiction I wrote before the show concluded.

Meeting the cast and getting their autographs was an experience I'll never forget! Shout-out to Sarah-Nicole for not charging me for an autograph and complimenting my witchy black cat phone case haha.

The picture attached is myself and Sarah-Nicole Robles, Luz's voice actress. I also got a picture with Avi but am unfortunately limited to one picture. Unfortunately the full panel isn't available to watch, but I'm happy to answer any questions about the panel and the experience of meeting the cast 😊

Thanks again for your support on this fanfic, and hopefully y'all will appreciate this fun update!

~Maeve