.22.

Rome watched as Yuri slept peacefully, reminiscing on the previous moment that they had shared. He didn't know how the rest of their time together would play out but he wanted to make sure that she understands that they would never be. At this point, he didn't want her to leave his life but he knew after his birthday, he would have to get away from her for both of their safety until he was able to control the Skisada situation.  Yuri's eyes slowly opened, stretching her body out before she looked around the room and locked on Rome, who sat in a chair beside the bed.

"Good morning." She greeted him with a smile.

"Morning." Rome replied, matching her smile.

She patted the bed next to her, causing Rome to raise from the chair and join her back in bed. He got under the covers and laid with his arms behind his head as Yuri moved closer, placing her head on his chest. He felt her getting closer to him, mentally.

"I want to apologize for yesterday." Rome said after a small silence.

"For what? We both said some things that we didn't mean."

"For touching you like that. I should have never put my hands on you or made you feel like I would hurt you, that's not who I am."

Yuri nodded. "It's okay. I know that I was provoking you" She replied.

"No, that's never okay. Mad or not, I should be able to keep my hands to myself."

"Hey, we're past it, it's okay. Tell me about the past months, how have you and the business been?" Yuri asked, changing the subject

Rome sighed. "Business is business. I've been okay." He shrugged.

"You?" He asked.

"I've learned myself more. Madam kept me in training so I've just been working, training and being there for Jaela." Yuri replied.

"Is that where your boldness comes from, my sister?"

Yuri laughed. "A little from her and some from Currency. Working at the club can get a little hectic so Currency's been teaching me how to handle situations. I have a gun now."

"What?" Rome asked confused.

"I know right. Madam helped me pick one out that's not too powerful but can get me out of a situation."

"Have you been practicing?"

"Not really. I have done some target shooting with Madam but I feel like I won't need it with Fargo and Fendi around so much." Yuri shrugged while playing with Rome's chin hairs.

"You still want to be able to protect yourself, just in case."

"I understand, I just don't like guns. But, what do you want for your birthday tomorrow?" She asked him.

Rome thought for a minute. He had never been asked that question since he was seventeen. Madam and Mister usually bought him whatever they assumed he liked while his workers stuck to cologne or new suits.

He shrugged. "I usually just buy myself what I want. Surprise me."

"You basically have everything so that may be hard." Yuri thought.