Figuring Out

The next day, Monday morning, James woke up groggily from the lack of sleep from yesterday's night. He kept wondering and ask himself if he knew the man, if he's one of the bad guys they're looking for, etc. Too many unanswered questions in his mind.

He went to wash up and get ready for work. While he got ready, a thought came to his mind. Yesterday, the unknown man mentioned that he took one of his friends; meaning that he should check on his friends to know whether the man was bluffing or not. Once he got ready for work, he made breakfast and coffee then went to work.

On his way, he called three of his closest friends. They were all fine and well,but sensed that something was wrong. They didn't ask what it was, but had a bad feeling about it. When James finished his phone calls, he wondered if he should call his last best friend. It has been a while since they last spoken or seen each other.

'It's worth a shot.'

He thought.

He called her phone number, but she didn't reply. He called her two more times, but she didn't reply. It was strange since she usually picks up after one missing call.

Reaching his office, James parked his car and went to his office. He greeted his colleagues on his way to his office. Once he reached, he started searching up for his friend, Mary, that didn't answer. He looked up on her last calls and places she went. He found out that she was last seen the day before yesterday when she went to buy groceries.

It was suspicious.

He decided to go visit her place and find out what's going on. Then, he typed his phone number and tried to trace the unknown caller of yesterday. Searching through his computer, James didn't find anything. He decided to go visit Mary first in hoping to get a lead or anything to start searching.