Death threat

As I entered the station with the drug addict, all I saw were faces of respect and honor. That made me feel, proud.

"Bestie!! You did it!! I knew you could!!" My bestie since the academy, Ria, was congratulating me on a job well done, we work in the same field.

"Weren't you trying to get Tony to get me off the mission?" (Facial expression:🧐)

"....That was in the past, you did it girl, I'm so proud of you, girl power!!!" Ria was very energetic, something that I've had to deal with 'til she met her fiance, Mason, he works in the morgue. Don't ask me how they met, I don't know either.

"Anyways, gotta get back to work! See ya tonight!!" She sprinted to the door, most likely late for a meeting. 'Tonight?' "Raymond, see me in my office please." I'd recognize that voice anywhere. "Coming!"

After the door closed, I collapsed on the mini couch in Captain's office. "Did you get hurt?" I trnsed at the question. "Seraph, seriously, come on~~" "It was just a little scratch,promise..." "...where?" "...My abdomen,I was able to hold in the blood." There was an awkward silence after.

"Show me, I'll get the first aid kit." I took off the bullet proof vest, and lifted a quarter of my shirt. "Ouch!" He was putting alcohol on the cut,to disinfect it and prevent infections.

"Sorry, you know, you gotta stop putting yourself in situations like this or I'm gonna become a widower by the end of the year." That's right, me and Tony e ad, for 6 years now.

"Hey, you told me to- ack!" "You used reverse psychology on me and you know it."

          ~~~~flashback~~~~

"Hey, you still looking for someone to go on that drug bust?" "I am, just not you." " Tony!!" "No Sera, it's to dangerous, you're my wife for crying out loud!"

"But-" "No" "Yes" "No" "Yes" "No" "No" "Yes"  "Yes!! No backsies, it was your call, thank you darling!!"

"What just happened?"

     ~~~~end of flashback~~~~

"Maybe I did, but I did a good job, didn't I?" "If doing a good job means getting yourself stabbed, then yes, you did an exceltional job dear."

"You know what you-" A knck at the door, but no voice. "Surely someone isn't just, knocking..." "Guards up" Tony slowly and cautiously walks to the door.

"Anyone out there?" Tony opens the door abruptly. I peek from behind him. "A box? Did you order me something?" "Not that I recall" I roll my eyes at that. "Well get it and close the door."

The box was sitting there, on Tony's desk, nobody making a move. "Well, open it already!" "We don't even know what it is!!" "Fine I'll do it" "Wait-". What I saw, made me sick to my stomach. I almost fainted from it.

"My goodness, what kind of- Sargeant Teal!!!" He was one of the few people that knew we were married.

"What's up Cap?" "Did you tell anyone about me and Sera?" "Of course not, why would you think that?" He saw my distressed face and the box on the desk. "My goodness, who?" Inside was a bunch of pictures of me and Tony, a picture of our wedding day, our honeymoon, us just at the house, getting groceries, but, what's making me sick, isn't tha.

"Someone's after me man." On all the pictures, Tony's face is scratched out,replaced by words like, 'I hate you', 'I want you dead', 'She'll be mine soon'.

"How-How did they find-who-oh my goodness, Tony.." I rushed into his arms, tears daring to fall from my face, I was scared. Scared for my husband, scared of this mystery person, scared for everything and everyone we cherished.

"Shh, I'll be okay, don't worry, calm down, Sera, we'll be okay." "How do you know *sniffle* that?" "Cause I have the best team, the best sargeant, and the person can't come to my fsce and threaten me, then they're not worth the worry. Okay?"

"Agreed, working at a station, as a cop, we get dearh threats every second, we just learned to deal with it, he'll be okay, I'll make sure of it" Sargeant Teal and Tony were like brothers, they knew eachother since they were both cops.

"I'm trusting you Sylas, this is my husband's life on the line." I was still scared even with reassurance. "I'll get this out for you guys, and look through security cameras to see if anyone out of the ordinary was here today"

""Thanks man, I owe you one." "I'm just doing my job man, don't need my captain dead." They laughed.

"But seriously, for your safety, I think you should go home now, we don't know if the person is still here."

"Loud and clear Sargeant." Tony mockingly saluted Sylas. Sylas reciprocating the action. "See ya later Seraph, we'll find the person." Sylas walked out with the box.

"Well,get your stuff, we're going, be cautious when leaving dear." "I should be telling you that."

We spent the rest of the day at home.

        ~~~~end of chapter 2~~~~

Sorry for publishing so slow,I'm doing stuff,read my other book though,it has more chapters✌️❤️