Chapter 34: It's Not My Birthday...

- Previously on Agent 001 - 

"SURPRISEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

---

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

"WHOA."

My back slams against the door and I slide down to the floor. I could feel my heart bumping twice as fast as it normally does. I come to face the boys, Paul, Preston, and even some of my other guard homies all reunited. They all stare at me as I look at them terrified. "What the hell is going on here?!"

"We're throwing a party!" Niall exclaims.

"And what's the special occasion, may I ask?" I stand up with the help of Curly.

"For you, of course."

"My birthday is in eight months..." I squint baffled by all this. 

"Uhh..." Niall looks back at Louis, causing him to stutter. "Well, aside from celebrating because we feel like it, we recently got promoted to do a concert in Madison Square Garden."

"But I already knew that." I state.

"Did we tell you it's sold out already?" Zayn asks, although it sounds more of a comeback. I freeze on spot and look at the boys who wait for me to respond. "No way..."

They all grin widely as Paul says, "Yes, way."

"OH MY GOD THAT'S SO AWESOME!" I turn around to hug the closest person to me. Now, what I did was pretty absent-minded, because turns out that Styles is that closest person, and conclusion to this I end up embracing him into a hug. I thought for a moment that he would push me off and use bottles of hand sanitizer, but instead he hugged me back. And boy, he smells really good...

"And here we have the start of something new..." I hear Liam say, and I try to ignore it until Louis just had to speak.

"More like an episode of pornogra--"

"WHAT THE HELL TOMLINSON?!?!" Curly and I scream as we separate the hug. Everyone starts laughing hysterically and I take the advantage to punch Louis in the stomach.

"Putting all this R-rating aside, now we have the gift exchanges!" Liam says excitedly. My eyes widens and I turn to him. "Gift exchanges?!"

"That's right, little Cates." Niall replies for Liam.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop the traffic right there." Everyone in the room and even the music stops from playing, all eyes on me. "What do you mean gift exchanges?!"

"Well, usually at some parties, there are people who decide to bring a present to one specific person an--"

"I know what it is, Malik." I interrupt Zayn from stating the obvious. Niall grabs me by the hand and sits me on a chair in the middle of the living room, where everyone is gathering around. Are they aware I eventually get claustrophobic or...

The boys stand in front of me, with their hands on their back. Paul comes up first and looks at them. "The boys along with everyone else on the team will like to give you presents as a way of showing you our thanks for helping us control these devils and always being there for them." Paul turns to me and gives me a small wrapped-up gift.

"For me?"

"No, the neighbors." Louis mumbles and I happily ignore him.

"Of course, open it up to see what it is." I stare at the small package and slowly open it, as the object is revealed, I look at it a little confused, trying to figure out what it really is.