13. Affection

Aaron

I straighten out the grey tie around my neck in front of my bathroom mirror. Making sure I look as professional as possible.

I fling my suit jacket on before grabbing my keys. Going out into the hallway, I make sure to lock my apartment door before walking to the door opposite of mine. Knocking three times on it and waiting for an answer.

The door flung open to a rushed Amelia putting in her left earring. "Sorry I'm late." She said inviting me in.

"No, I'm early." I say trying to make her relax as she rushes to finish getting ready.

It's our first day holding the seminar at the academy and I can tell that she's nervous.

It was also the second time we've been alone together since we decided to try this. So far we've decided to not label it.... and to not tell the team if this happens to not work out. Also because many of the team members have grown to be very protective of Amelia.

She disappears further into her apartment leaving me by the door for a moment. She comes back out giving me a small nod.

"All ready to go?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says and let's out a shaky breath.

I take a few step so I'm right in front of her. Cupping her face between my hands. Making her look up at me. I place a soft kiss on her mouth. I felt her pull back slightly before kissing me back.

I pull away to her with the smallest amount of blush creeping up in her cheeks not maintaining eye contact with me. "What?" I let out as a chuckle at her nervousness.

"I'm just not... Not used to you being so... Affectionate." She gave a sheepish smile. Now looking into my eyes.

I hummed in response. "I guess you're going to have to get used to it." Feeling her tens body relax a bit spread a warmth across my chest that I couldn't quite identify. "And as for today, you're going to be great." I drop my left hand placing it on her shoulders the other one still caressing her cheek with my thumb.

"I'm just nervous. I'm not good in front of large groups." She confesses still looking up at me.

"You're going to be great." I repeat trying to reassure her. She nods softly leaning into my hand. "Okay, let's get going."

~

"Welcome everyone! I'm SSA Aaron Hotchner." I say to the class in front of us in the large room. "And this is Agent Amelia Woods...." We presented ourselves further and explained in summary what we do at the bau.

The lesson continued through out the course of almost two hours. In those hours, Amelia grew more comfortable in the spotlight. She for sure did caption the class attention more than I did, but how could you not just look at her. Absolutely breathtaking.

While the students started working on their first assignments at the end of the lesson we sat behind our desk, catching up on some paperwork from our regular job since there were no assignments to grade yet.

I kept on catching her staring at me scribbling notes on my work, quickly adverting her gaze back to the papers on the desk. But kept on squeezing her thighs together.

I look up the room of people all in deep concentration, then to my wristwatch. 15 more minutes. I roll my chair sideways so I'm sitting right next to her. My hand placed on top of her knee slowly creeping it up towards the hem of Amelia's skirt. Slipping my fingertips just underneath it, her legs spread just the slightest. Simultaneously her lips parted as her breath hitched in her throat.