𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕴𝕴𝕴

Hyunjin's pov......

I put the glass down ,watching the way the king interacted with his friends ,he wasn't as kind to them as he was to me ,he was more on the sedate side ,they seemed to respect him and even kind of fear him though he didn't seem violent .

I watched and watched and watched ,examining every move ,every smile ,every word and every look ,I was too excited to discover this new world ,yet it was sort of horrifying ,I just wanted to sit and watch attentivly ,they say curiosity killed the cat ,but what if the cat was already dead ? then I guess curiosity might revive this poor cat .

I didn't notice that I was staring for too long untill he interrupted me ,refilling my glass with a soft smile he wore on his lips kindly as he looked straight into my eyes ,the way he looked at me was different from the way he looked at the others ,I don't know maybe I'm just being delusional but his gaze softened as soon as It tripped over mine ,and it may sound cheeky but I felt like my heart beats stuttered as soon as his gaze shifted towards me ,I can't figure out that feeling but it was foreign .

Looking into his eyes is quite risky ,you might get lost .

And as soon as my eyes fell on his I knew that it's a no turning back point ,you either get lost or way too lost to bother turning your gaze away .

And I choose the second option .

he cleared his throat softly to get my attention and it was time for me to realize how much I embarrassed myself ,I shifted my look away from him ,my eyes trained over the glass he's just refilled .

" We can talk in my room if you want " he said brushig away the embarrassing atmosphere that started to build up between us .

I nodded immediately and we stood up to walk towards his room ,the blond man's eyes trained on us as we went out of the room ,sparing me hateful looks that I didn't understand what they're even for .

We entered the king's room ,it was quite spacious with vintage furniture and decorations just like the rest of the castle ,it was a bit too red that it felt kind of scary yet the depth of the crimson shade blanketed the room with a touch of warmth .

He sat on the bed and gestured for me to follow ,and it was the time my senses crawled to the back of my head ,begging me to end it all before it takes a tragic turn .

But I didn't ,I loved the scent of freedom that spreaded in the air out of the walls of my father's suffocating palace ,I felt strong ,careless and liberated ,and I couldn't miss my first opportunity to experience that new feeling of independency .

I inched closer seating myself on the bed beside the king .

" will you answer my questions ? " I gathered my courage to ask .

" sure ,unless you want something else instead " he replied with a smirk decorating the curve of his lips and it made me grow more anxious than shy ,he didn't do anything bad to me but I can't trust him just yet .

I exhaled my fear out ,if I'm going to stay out of the palace I need to be confident or at least pretend to be .

" how did I end up here ? " I questioned ,ignoring his dirty invitation that I would be lying if I said that I didn't consider accepting it .