Chapter 15 - Now what

"Baby wake up."

Jeongin furrows his eyebrows and buries his face deeper into his comfortable pillow. It was extra comfortable today.

"Innie-"

Jeongin loudly groans as he lays his entire leg over his pillow, climbing over it almost, until he found a comfortable position

The boy was about to drift back into dream land, that is until he realized this pillow was bigger than normal.

Testing his realizaton, he cracks an eye open. Only to find a smiling Chan. Jeongin whole body tenses as he opens both eyes and realizes their position. He was on fucking top of Chan.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Jeongin immediately scrambled off with his face a bright red color. In his sudden movement away from the older, head let like it was on fire, he groaned and brought his hand to it.

"Baby does your head hurt. Maybe it's because last night. Do you want me to get you pills?" Chan sits up along with the younger, his face full of concern and his voice laced in sugar.

"L-last night?" Jeongin gulps.

Though the memories that came back to him were not what he expected. I mean by the way Chan phrased it... jeongin truly thought they uhm... you know...

But no.

Instead the memories of crying come back to him. And hugging. Crying and hugging. In Chan's garden, holding eachother close and letting it all out.

Jeongin told him right?

He told him his true feelings.

"Innie?" Chan asks softly again.

Jeongin finally finds the words to ask, "D-did I- are we t-together now?"

Though as soon as those words exited his mouth, he wanted to bury himself alive. Cover himself in blankets and never come out. Sink into the fucking floor. Why on earth would he ask that? He really put chan on the spot like that, what the hell!

But Chan just smiled brightly, he was always so sweet that Jeongin never felt the need to be embarrassed. "Do you want us to be together? I don't want to put a label on us until your ready."

Instead of melting into the wall, Jeongin instead felt like he needed to brush his teeth to rid the sweetness of the older. "I-I just d-don't want you to leave."

"Then I won't leave." He grins as he fixes the messy strands in Jeongin hair

"When did our parents go?"

"Mm well we came back at like midnight and they weren't here anymore, I'm not sure what time they left." Chan helps Jeongin down the stairs, the younger was a bit dizzy from crying himself to sleep last night. Luckily Chan had brought him back inside to his room after the younger fell asleep on him.

"Oh wonie must be worried!" Jeongin suddenly exclaims when they reach the kitchen, pulling out his phone from his pocket and powering it on.

As soon as he did so, the screen lit up with hundreds of missed text and calls from his friends and his brother.

Jungcat‼️‼️

- Hyung that wasn't acting right?
- Do you want me to come with
tissues?

- Hyung?

- Did Chan find you?

- Mom and dad are pissed. They
started fighting with Chan's parents
- I guess your plan worked.

-Jeongin hyung? We are going
to leave are you staying?

- Please tell me youre safe.

Jeongin heart clench's as he reads the messages, guilt overpowering him. His brother didn't deserve any of this. Jeongin sent him a quick response saying he wa alright and at Chan's house with him.

Though there were some more unread messages. A few from that girl who wanted Jeongin to give her a hand number. But a few from his friend group.

Trifecta🤭

Favorite ferret
- Yo Innie, Jungwon just texted me
- You okay?

Kkami 2.0
- If you need to get out of there me and jinnie can come pick you up?
- We can watch SpongeBob to cheer you up?

Favorite ferret
- Let us know your safe innie

Another pang to the heart. He sends them a quick, 'I'm alive' text and puts his phone away. Taking a deep breath and hoping to forget his fucked up life.

The only thing that helped him do that... is Chan.

Speaking of the older, he places a plate of toast and eggs infront of the younger. "Eat up innie. It'll help you feel better." He plants a quick kiss to the youngest forehead before walking back to the stove.

Jeongin manages to force a smile before picking up his chopsticks and beginning to eat. He felt so odd. Numb. It's like everything changed last night. Will his parents ever want to see him again?

What if he ruined Chan's relationship with his parents too?

Jeongin felt confused. But he knew how to get through this. He knew he had people he could trust and he needed their help now.

****

"Oh my fucking god hyung!" Jungwon comes running up to his older brother, crashing into his arms and hugging him tightly. "Don't ever fucking disappear again or I'll tell everyone about you shitting in the pool in 3rd grade!"

"Okay okay wonie I get it!" Jeongin laughs as he pulls away from his brother, "I'm sorry jungwon. I promise I won't do it again."

Jungwon smiles in response.

"But that was 3 cuss words in two sentances. Watch it wonie youre 15."

Jungwon smile drops to a scowl.

Jay appears behind him, he places a hand on jungwon shoulder as he looks to Chan who stood beside Jeongin. "Did you do anything to Jeongin hyung?"

Chan's eyes widen, "w-what no what the hell Jay!"

Jay ignores his brothers reaction as he looks over at Jeongin, "Please tell us next time. Jungwon and I were worried."

"I'm sorry guys." I frown at the guilt. Poor jungwon was probably worried sick and Jay had to comfort him. I hope I never to anything to worry them this much again.

Jungwon pulls away to stand next to Jay as two older boys approach us in the distance. Jeongin smiles when he spots them.

Though they weren't smiling when they arrived, "You little brat!" Seungmin nudges Jeongin aside aggressively, "You can't just go MIA like that! We even offered watching SpongeBob! Do you know how worried i was when Hyunjin said jungwon said you were gone!"

"I'm sorry hyung-"

"And you!" Seungmin walks over to Chan and points and accusatory finger at him, "You better take care of him better! I can't believe you let this happen!"

Hyunjin was quick to pull Seungmin away and calm him down, it was clear Seungmin had been quite upset. Chan and Jeongin profusely apologize to the boys. It was never their intention to worry any of them.

Once that was out of the way, Jeongin and Chan met eyes, nodding to eachother to signal it was time to tell them.

Jeongin clears his throat, "Me and Chan want to stay together. As in romantically." Jeongin swallows the lump in his throat, "Guy what the hell do we do now?"

A/n
Kill me now the Enhypen and skz concept photos.

I'm gone.

Hope you enjoyed!