List of Dragons part 3

list of dragons in popular culture.
Dragons in fiction
This list of dragons in fiction is a collection of various notable draconic characters that appear in various works of fiction. It is limited to well-referenced examples of dragons in literature, comics, film, television, animation and video games.
Dragons in literature
Main article: List of dragons in literature
Western literature tends either to affirm or pointedly subvert the traditional portrait of dragons from Western myth and folklore, as evil and greedy.
Dragons in comics
Dragons appear in various manga and american comics, in the form of comic books, comic strips and webcomics.
Acnologia          Fairy Tail
Acnologia, also known as The Black Dragon, and fearsomely reputed as The Black Dragon in the Book of Apocalypse and the Herald of New Ages, is a cataclysmically powerful Dragon Slayer that can take the form of a Dragon, that assaulted the Fairy Tail core Mages on Tenrou Island in the Year X784.
Albion           High School DxD
Albion is one of the Two Heavenly Dragons and the arch-rival of Ddraig. He is called the White Dragon, also known as the Vanishing Dragon, Dragon Gwiber, White Dragon Emperor and White Dragon Emperor of Supremacy. He is currently residing within the Longinus, Divine Dividing, wielded by Vali Lucifer. Like his arch-rival Ddraig, he is also feared among Angels, Fallen Angels, Devils and the various factions in the world for his destructive powers, which are said to be able to kill both Gods and Satans.
Dragon Man                   Fantastic Four
Marvel Comics.
Ddraig          High School DxDD
draig is one of the Two Heavenly Dragons and the arch-rival of Albion. He is called the Red Dragon is known as the Welsh Dragon, Dragon Goch, Red Dragon Emperor and Red Dragon Emperor of Domination, who resides within the Longinus, Boosted Gear, wielded by Issei Hyoudou. He is feared among the Angels, Fallen Angels, Devils and the various other factions in the world for his destructive powers, which are said to be able to kill both Gods and Satans.
Dragon of the Moon         Defenders
Marvel Comics.
Fafnir          Thor #134 (Nov. 1966)
First encountered in the guise of an old man by the warrior Volstagg. Drinks magical water which transforms him into a dragon. Powers of illusion. Intends to devour the Asgardians. Defeated by Odin's son Thor.
Fin Fang Foom  Strange Tales #89 (Oct. 1961)
Member of a race of alien dragons, the Kakaranatharans.
Grandeeney           Fairy Tail
A sky dragon. Foster parent of Wendy Marvell, the sky dragon slayer.
Genryū             Naruto
The Genryu are five legendary dragons that represent the five elemental natures: earth, water, wind, fire, and lightning.
Igneel                Fairy Tail
Foster father of Natsu Dragneel. Taught Natsu a rare ancient magic called 'fire dragon slayer magic'.
Kaido                  One Piece
One of the powerful pirate warlords and the main antagonist of Wano Country Arc, renowned as the world's Strongest Creature, he ate the Devil Fruit and transforms into a serpentine Azure Dragon. He breathes fire, creates clouds that allow him to move through the air, releases sharp blades by blowing, and creates lightning with his roar.
Lockheed              X-Men
The pet dragon of Kitty Pryde, or Shadowcat.
Kozuki Momonosuke        One Piece
A young samurai who can turn into a dragon.
Long                 DC Comics
The leader of a Chinese gang with ties to the Penguin. When Batwing and Nightwing arrived in Beijing to investigate a conspiracy related to one of Penguin's black market dealings, Long ambushed them, transforming into a dragon.
Metalicana          Fairy Tail
An iron dragon. Foster parent of Gajeel Redfox, the iron dragon slayer.
Porunga               Dragon Ball
Porunga is a dragon created by the grand Namekian elder to grant three wishes to anyone who can gather seven spheres known as the Dragon Balls. May revive only one deceased person per wish, however that limit was later removed.
Sennenryu               One Piece
Sennenryu appears in the anime on the Warship Island Arc.
Shenron (Shenlong)       Dragon Ball
Created by Kami, the god of Earth, to grant a single wish to anyone who can gather seven spheres known as the Dragon Balls. Limited to only one wish per person (later expanded to two). Cannot grant the same wish twice, resurrect those who have died of natural causes, or grant a wish that exceeds the power of his creator.
Shou-Lao             Iron Fist
An immortal Chinese red dragon who is the final test for an Iron Fist candidate. Those who defeat the dragon in combat are allowed to absorb his power by touching his molten heart, which is contained in a brazier.
Skiadrum             Fairy Tail
An shadow dragon and foster father of Rouge Cheney, the shadow dragon slayer.
Weisslogia            Fairy Tail
A white dragon and foster father of Sting Eucliffe, the white dragon slayer.
Dragons in film
Main article: List of dragons in film and television
Dragons have been portrayed in film and television in many different forms. They may terrorize human towns, or save human lives, even taking the role of passionate protectors.
Buraki           Dragon Wars
Main antagonist of Dragon Wars (2007). Leader of an army of dragons, dinosaurs, and frog-like creatures. Ruthless, despised, and malevolent.
Draco             Dragonheart
The last remaining dragon. Voiced by Sean Connery.
Dragonstorm   Transformers: The Last Knight
A three-headed combiner Cybertronian dragon made up of 12 individual Cybertronian Knights
Falkor           The Neverending Story
A Luckdragon and friend of Atreyu and Bastian. He is the only luckdragon to appear, although five others are mentioned in passing. He has an elongated, winged body and many white scales and hairs on the length of his body that can appear pink. The form of his head is described less precisely, though his eyes are mentioned as being the color of rubies. Falkor has distinctive canine features.
Dragons in television
Main article: List of dragons in film and television
Aithusa          Merlin
A young white dragon that is rescued, hatched and named by Merlin. It later saves Morgana's life by healing her wounds.
Drogon          Game of Thrones
A black-red dragon, recently hatched by Daenerys Targaryen. It is the largest and most vicious of her three dragons.
Kilgharrah        Merlin
An ancient dragon (voiced by John Hurt) imprisoned by Uther Pendragon below Camelot. Thought to be the last of its kind.
Dragons in animation
Main article: List of dragons in film and television
Arctic       Dinofroz: Dragon's Revenge
He is Treek/Drakemon's generals. He is a white-bearded Asian dragon whose design resembles a bit of a ninja. Arctic uses his wings as blades. Arctic is a calm and intelligent but aggressive strategist. He has a kindred friendship with Petraeus since both were recruited as generals at the same time. He along with Petraeus keeps questioning Lord Drakemon about his plans and secrets that Drakemon keep hiding from them. General Arctic was accused of being a spy and a traitor to Drakemon and was put in the gladiator area to fight against the Fighter Dragons, Arctic was soon put in prison. From his accusation, he was replaced with Natterjack to take his place as general.
Brimscythe           Legend of Vox Machina
Brimscythe, the Iron Storm was a blue dragon. His human form was General Krieg, an identity he stole after killing the real Krieg to gain the manor in the Cloudtop District of Emon and the position of the Master of Law on the Tal'Dorei Council. Brimscythe was killed by Vox Machina in his lair.
Devon & Cornwall         Quest for Camelot
A conjoined two-headed dragon - the sophisticated and intelligent Devon and the boorish but loyal Cornwall. Thanks to the bullying from the rest of the dragons due to their differences and their inability to fly, they want nothing more than to be apart from one another.
Drakemon        Dinofroz: Dragon's Revenge
Originally he was known as Treek, was a former general of Neceron's army and one of Neceron's generals alongside Gladius, Kobrax, and Vlad, he was Vlad's best friend (supposedly). After Neceron's death, he Bathed in The Fires of Galgoth, sacred lava, which makes him and the dragons more powerful. After bathing in the sacred lava, he becomes the new lord of the dragons, under the name, Lord Drakemon. Drakemon is more humanoid than Reptile Like. He has a mane made out of the fire on his head to his back neck; along with Vlad, Arctic, and Petrus.
Elliott             Pete's Dragon
A green friendly dragon. Voiced by Charlie Callas.
Fang            Avatar: The Last Airbender
Avatar Roku's Spirit Guardian.
Gladius, the Gladiator Dragon          Dinofroz
Gladius is one of Neceron's generals. He appears to be the youngest and is not very wise. He blindly obeys his lord, and even after Neceron stole his powers, he refused to accept that his lord was wrong. Gladius is very strong but he has difficulties fighting the Dinofroz. He is very jealous of Vlad and along with Kobrax tried to kill Vlad. Gladius would have killed Vlad but two Vendetta Dragons appeared and he did not get the chance. Gladius mainly has fire-based powers. At the end of the series, he is seen to be buried under rocks after the Rockfroz explosion.
Haku               Spirited Away
A white dragon who befriends the protagonist, Sen/Chihiro, and eventually aids in her escape from Yubaba's bath house, although he is Yubaba's apprentice. He is able to turn into a human at will, as well as cast spells of unbinding, invisibility, and binding. Haku is the spirit of the Kohaku river, which a young Chihiro fell into as a child. Since then, the river has been paved over to make room for a mall. In smaller pieces of anime by the author concerning Spirited Away, it has been assumed that Chihiro's mother and father despised the river, for almost killing their daughter.Kobrax, the Serpent Dragon             Dinofroz
Kobrax is one of Neceron's generals. He seems to be older than Gladius, but a lot younger than Vlad. He is very intelligent, but he uses his cleverness for evil purposes. He is very sly and he is very jealous of Vlad. He never acts thoughtlessly, and he is always word-fighting with Vlad. Kobrax can spit a paralyzing venom, a deadly venom, and fire. He can also tangle the foes with vines and squeeze them. He is a very dangerous dragon but obeys Neceron quite blindly. He wants to be the greatest of the generals, which made him try to kill Vlad. At the end of the series, he is seen to be buried under rocks after the Rockfroz explosion.
Light Fury         How to Train Your Dragon
A white, sparkly dragon with blue eyes. She's first seen locked up in a cage. Later, Toothless sees her and throughout the movie, they fall in love, have kids in the end of the movie and joins Hiccup & Astrid's family in the Homecoming holiday special.
Maleficent           Sleeping Beauty
Giant evil purple and black dragon. Breathes green fire. Transformed from human female.
Mushu            Mulan
Fa Mulan's closest companion throughout the Mulan series and comic relief. He is a Chinese dragon with ears - his body is a red color and he has orange accents. He seems to be small, but hints that he is bigger in his "real size" He is voiced by Eddie Murphy in his first appearance and Mark Moseley afterward.
Natterjack       Dinofroz: Dragon's Revenge
A dragon frog who can spit poisonous slim. He was the first dragon to win a fight against Tom and the Dinofroz in a rematch (due to being part of the plan to fake a retreat). When General Arctic was blamed for being a traitor, Drakemon made Natterjack a general, taking Arctic's place. He returned in Episode 19 and then continue appearing more as a general.
Neceron            Dinofroz
Neceron is the dragon lord king patriarch and master of the Dragon Land. Absolute Lord King Patriarch and Master of the Dragons and terror of the Dinofroz world, Neceron is the evil tyrant who wants to rid the Earth of all humans and dinosaurs. He is the only one who knows the true meaning of Prophecy. Neceron is the Dinofroz’s main enemy and, without any doubt, the most dangerous and powerful of all Dragons. With a simple glance, he can pierce rock and his flame can melt mountains.
Predaking      Transformers: Prime - Beast Hunters
An intelligent and powerful robotic dragon. Created by the Decepticons and brought to life by Shockwave.
Toothless          How to Train Your Dragon
A black, sleek-headed dragon with retractable teeth and green eyes. Became a loyal companion to Hiccup after he helped Toothless regain his flight when giving him a prostheses tail. His species is known as the "Night Fury" for its appearance and swift combat tactics. Night Furies such as Toothless have the ability to strike quickly and retreat to retaliate, but they are also adept in direct combat as well.
Vlad, the Vampire Dragon          Dinofroz
Vlad is one of Neceron's generals. He appears to be an aged, veteran warrior and more skilled than the other generals, Gladius and Kobrax. He is Neceron's most appreciated general, but this won't prevent Neceron from stealing his powers in the last episode. He was once attacked by Gladius and Kobrax, who were jealous of him. They seriously wounded him, but he managed to stay alive. Vlad was also good friends with Treek, another dragon. However, Treek betrayed him and their friendship ended. But still, Vlad freed Treek when Neceron had captured him. He can minimize himself, and by biting his foe's neck, he can transform the unlucky victim into a vampire dragon, not an ordinary vampire. It is possible that he did not die at the end of the series, as he was not seen buried under the rocks like the other Generals, after the Rockfroz explosion. Vlad is not completely evil. He appears to be very loyal and sensible too. He reappears in the second season as Treek/Drakemon's general. Soon Vlad realized that Drakemon is becoming insane and eventually helps the Dinofroz to save the world; proving that Vlad was the true future spy that Drakemon feared for the whole season. His new appearance is more different than his wyvern-like body, he resembles more of a two-tailed European dragon with bat ears.
Dragons in video games
Main article: List of dragons in games
Dragons appear in numerous games with fictional setting as bosses, final bosses, and enemies, as well as player characters, companions, units, and supporting characters.
Alduin           The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
A fearsome, powerful, black dragon. Also known as "The World Eater", "Nordic God of Destruction" and "Bane of Kings". Claimed as first-born of Akatosh (the Dragon God of Time). Ambitions of world-domination.
Alexstrasza, The Life Binder  WarcraftHeroes of the Storm
Aspect of the Red Dragon Flight. The guardian of all life in the world of Azeroth. She was one of five great dragons chosen by the titans to be empowered with a portion of the Pantheon's power and rule over her flight while they watched over Azeroth and its inhabitants. The titans also appointed her queen of all dragons.
Archdemons         Dragon Age: Origins
Archdemons possess intelligence far beyond the average dragon and are purely evil creatures.
Aurene           Guild Wars 2
A crystal dragon, scion of Glint, player's character companion.
Bahamut             Final Fantasy Series
Known by many titles, he is revered as the lord of the sky in Final Fantasy. His destructive MegaFlare can consume multiple cities in one attack.
Cynder      The Legend of Spyro Skylanders
A purple (or black) dragon who shoots lightning. In The Legend of Spyro series, she's first as an antagonist to Spyro in A New Beginning, gets defeated and freed by him. Also appears in The Eternal Night and Dawn of the Dragon. In Skylanders, she represents the Undead element and her catchphrase is "Volts and Lightning".
Charizard              Pokémon Red
Charizard (/ˈtʃɑːrɪzɑːrd/), known in Japan as Lizardon (リザードン, Rizādon), is a Pokémon in Nintendo and Game Freak's Pokémon franchise. Created by Atsuko Nishida, Charizard first appeared in the video games Pokémon Red and Blue (Pokémon Red and Green in Japan).
Deathwing, The Destroyer   World of Warcraft: CataclysmHeroes of the Storm
Known as 'the Destroyer' and originally as 'Neltharion the Earth-Warder'. Once a kind benevolent dragon, but was driven mad by the Old Gods and came to inspire fear and contempt.
Kalameet             Dark Souls
One of the remaining ancient dragons, one fearsome enough to be feared by Anor Londo the city of the gods, found in the skies of ancient Oolacile.
Malygos, The Spellweaver          Warcraft
He was the Aspect of the Blue Dragon Flight and one of the most ancient creatures living on Azeroth and the eldest of the Aspects. Norgannon, the titan master-magician and keeper of lore, granted Malygos a portion of his vast power. From then on, Malygos would be known as the Spell-weaver, the guardian of arcane magic and hidden arcanum.
Midir; Darkeater            Dark Souls III
An ancient dragon who was given the task to defend and watch over the ringed city. This was a task Midir kept up until the very end of time, where Midir fell to the abyss. Some say Midir's duty was out of protection of the ancient pygmies, some say it was to imprison them. Regardless, Midir's power is uncontestable, making him a mighty foe to go up against. Midir appears as a hidden boss in Dark Souls III's second DLC, The Ringed City.
Nozdormu, The Timeless One          Warcraft
Aspect of the Bronze Dragon Flight and guardian of time, is one of the former Dragon Aspects empowered by the titans to watch over Azeroth. He fought against the demons during the War of the Ancients. Following this intervention, he retreated into seclusion, immersing himself in his duties. He emerges only infrequently when events require his direct presence. He intervened in the defeat of Deathwing at the hands of Krasus and his allies, one of the few times he has been seen in the skies of Azeroth.
Paarthurnax        The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
A wise old dragon met at the summit of the Throat of the World. Alduin's younger brother who helps the player defeat him by helping him to learn the shout, Dragonrend. It is optional in the game to kill Paarthurnax, but doing so is not recommended. He is also the master of the Greybeards and their "Way of the Voice".
Seath the Scaleless        Dark Souls
An albino dragon who helped Gwyn, Nito, and the Witch of Izalith destroy the everlasting dragons. Seath was born without the everlasting scales, making him mortal and an outcast. After the fall of the everlasting dragons, he founded sorcery which sparked animosity between him and Havel the Rock. He resides in the Duke's Archives and the crystal caves where he researches and protects the Primordial Crystal.
Spyro           Spyro the Dragon & Skylanders
Throughout the original series, Spyro is portrayed as energetic and curious, with little regard for his own safety. He is also described as a courageous hero, despite his small size. Spyro is also known for his cocky attitude and can be stubborn at times. In Skylanders, Spyro's representing the Magic element and his catchphrase is "All Fired Up!"
Ysera, The Dreamer             Warcraft
Aspect of the Green Dragon Flight, charged with keeping watch over the flowering wilds of Azeroth from within the Emerald Dream. Bound to this ethereal realm, she descended into an endless trance and became known thereafter as the Dreamer. She would later fight off the Emerald Nightmare and the corruption of her children.
Other appearances in popular culture
Dragons in toys
• Megatron in Beast Wars becomes a bio-mechanical dragon after absorbing the essence of his ancestor.
• Predaking and the Predacons in Transformers: Prime have robotic dragons as alternate forms.
• Jinafire Long, the daughter of a Chinese dragon from Monster High