22 The end

"Niall has gotten progressively worse. I'm sorry to say that he only has about a week left to live"

••••

3 days later

Louis P.O.V

we are all sat around Niall's hospital bed. Us, his family, Grace, and the 5sos boys were all here.

As I stare at Niall I can't help but think, 'how could this happen to such a beautiful person'. He was always so nice and kind to people. And he was always so happy, like a big ball of sunshine.

Niall does really look a lot worse, like the doctor had said. He is very very pale and he has horrible dark under eye circles. Even though he is pretty much always sleeping these days. And he even lost a great amount of weight, he is pretty much skin and bones.

"I- I don't really know what to say" Harry said, awkwardly. Him and Grace were holding hands.

"He is such an amazing person. And I didn't even know him that long" Grace said.

No one really talked after that. There was complete silence.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Am I annoying you yet? ;)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Guys?" We heard a weak voice say. We all turned our heads to see Niall was now awake. He looked a bit confused as to why there were so many people.

"Hey bud, are you alright?" Liam asked

"I'm okay, I guess" Niall said, "why is everyone hear?"

Oh no. How are we suppose to explain this?

"Well, we wanted to come and see you before- before it's too l- late"Michael said, worriedly.

"What do you mean before it's too late?"

Oh god. We have to tell him.

"Niall, this is really hard to say. And I really wish that there was something that we can do, but there's not... Niall you only have a few more days to live" I said, trying not to break down.

But the reaction from Niall was so different than I thought it would be. Instead of breaking down and crying his eyes out. He kind of was just blank. Starring at the wall in front of him.

"How many days?" He asked. His voice sounded a bit auto-toned.

"Well it use to be a week, but you were really out of it for about three days after. So now you have like four. Oh god" Liam said, whispering the last part.

"I didn't even know a person could sleep for three days" Ashton mumbled, sounding a bit shocked.

"Shut up" Luke said, as he flicked him on the back of his head. "Sorry" Ashton mumbled, again.

"Are you sure there is nothing they can do?" Niall said hopefull.

"Only hope" I said

"I'm starving" Niall said, rubbing his stomach. I smiled a bit, thinking of how he was always hungry and wanted to get Nandos. But that was the past.

"Hey, I have a great idea" Michael smiled, "what if we go get a bunch of food from Nandos for all of us and we can sneak it in and have a big movie marathon. Like how we use to on tour"

"That's a great idea, how about Luke, Ashton, Mikey and I go get that stuff and we'll do that" Calum said. (wow that feels like the most weirdest thing I've ever typed, idk why)

" Okay so what movies?" Harry asked

"How about Mean Girls?"

"Seriously Luke?" I said, "oh god"

"Can we watch Nemo? I love Nemo" Niall said

"And Mean Girls, hey what about that new movie. what's it called?" Luke asked" oh yeah, The Duff we should watch that" Luke said excitedly

I gave him a look that kind of said, 'what the hell is wrong with you, you perfectly quiffed haired giraffe. I swear you are a hormonal teenage girl who wants to be in all of those movies.'

"I swear, you are the most hormonal teenage girl I've ever met" Niall said, reading my mind.

"Whatever, you can get those movies. but make sure you get scary ones too. Those are the best"

"Will do" Calum yelled as they walked out the door.

......

An hour later, and here we are. Eating a feast of Nandos and watching the 'best movie in all of life's existence' as Luke puts it.

"On October 3rd he asked me what day it was"

"It's October 3rd"

Luke squealed as he heard his favorite quote from the movie. We chuckled at his weirdness.

A couple minutes later I heard soft snores coming from Niall's bed. I turn my head to see Niall completely knocked out. But that's normal considering it like 2 in the morning.

"Hey guys, maybe we should go to sleep" I said

"Ok" they all mumbled. I think they were pretty tired to.

Once everything was cleaned up and put away, we all got comfortable on the floor or couch. I was sleeping in one of the spare beds. And soon enough I was in a peaceful sleep.