Memories

"Morgan! Take my hand!"

"Stacy! Im so sorry.."

"MORGAN?!"

The slam of a door, explosions soon after

Morgan woke up from another nightmare. It has been approximately 4.1 days since the blast, he can't believe he let his own girlfriend die. He was planning to propose to her this summer.

After processing his terrible memory, he sat up off the couch, and went to the cupboards, grabbed a can.

"Canned spaghetti. It will work, I guess." Morgan stated to himself, he forced down the cold canned spaghetti, and got dressed in his grandpas old combat gear. It was just dark colored camo, and black boots. But it felt nice to wear something clean.

"I miss my friend Dexter.." Morgan complained to himself as he brushed his teeth, and turned off the generator to save power. He relied on a lantern in every room, soon after breakfast and reading in the lantern light he placed a gas mask on his face, and opened the door for the first time since the blast, and closed it quickly as he stepped outside.

Luckily he had a hat and gloves on. A nice breeze and smell of smoke drifted through the air. Morgan looked around carefully, and walked down the hazy orange abandoned city road, and hoped there was a store that wasn't smashed, or destroyed nearby.

"FUCK!!"

Morgan yelled when he tripped over a pile of bricks from a nearby building. He heard the echo of his yell go through the city.

He was alone.

Nobody there to save him.

So he just kept walking despite his knees hurting like hell.