Chapter 6

Never go to bed angry. Stay awake to plot your revenge.

______________
•AMOUR•

Amour removed the bag of freshly popped popcorn from the microwave before closing it back and turning on her heels to enter the living room

Amour removed the bag of freshly popped popcorn from the microwave before closing it back and turning on her heels to enter the living room. She planned on having a movie night although she couldn't get over the thought of something bad happening to her brother. The only family she had and whom she would truly remember for the rest of her life. She prayed every night for Isaiah's safety since the day he'd walked out that door with Diamond right behind him. She rolled her eyes at the thought of Diamond but couldn't help but to commend her. Amour pressed play to the dvd player that circled the CD of Poetic Justice.
Just as the movie began to start, Amour heard a ringing sound coming from her bedroom. Seeing as though her phone remained still on the coffee table in front of her, her heart fell to the pit of her stomach as she remembered her brother handing her a phone the day he left. The reason for it ringing is what had Amour so heartbroken as she jumped up from the loveseat. Her popcorn flew everywhere causing a mess. She darted for her bedroom, seeing the buzzing phone on the dresser. Picking it up almost immediately, she held the phone up to her ear.
"Hello?" Amour yelled into the phone only to hear heavy breathing and the sound of choking. Amour knew that was her brother taking his lasts breath.
"Leave town A. I-I love you."

__________________
20 MINUTES LATER

Amour was like a madman. The whole place had become a wreck within 20 minutes after her last phone call with Isaiah. Her heart had shattered and so was the phone that she threw to the wall after falling to her knees. She was so distraught at the fact that he was gone and she couldn't do anything about it.
"Fuck!" She screamed, throwing the glass vase at the wall.
"How could you do me like this?" She asked aloud before entering the living room. She grabbed her phone swiftly off the coffee table dialing Joshua's number. Isaiah didn't really hang with such a huge crowd, nor did he have a guy he could call his best friend. Amour was the closest thing to him and when Joshua came around, he became like a little brother Isaiah had never had. He trusted Joshua before any of the little niggas he had running around for him.
"Joshua?" Amour said as soon as she heard him pick up.
"Amour? Wassup?" He said.
"Isaiah is dead Joshua! He's gone! What am I supposed to do now?" Amour cried into the phone. As she waited for a response, she furrowed her eyebrows when she didn't.
"You knew all about this didn't you?" She asked and again, she received no reply.
"I want that bastard that took my brother out! I mean that shit with everything in me Joshua! I will never sleep good at night until I find him and kill him myself." Amour ended the call abruptly and threw the phone to the sofa before plopping down. She put her head in her hands and sighed aloud. Amour sat in silence, not even knowing time had passed her by until she heard a knock at the door. Who the hell could this be? She thought before grabbing the 9mm pistol from under the cushion of the couch. Walking slowly to the door to prevent any noise on her end, she looked through the peephole to see Joshua. She unlocked the door, cracking it open. From Joshua's point of view, he saw a distress Amour. He saw the loss in her eyes as she peaked at him from behind the door. Amour looked Joshua in the eye so he could see her hurt and she knew that he would feel bad and he did.
"I don't want to be bothered Joshua." Amour said lowly, on the verge of crying all over again.
"Let me in Amour. I just wanna make sure you good. Atleast that's the task that was given to me and I made a promise to Isaiah that I'll watch over you." Joshua spoke up, his words of concern for her evident in his face. For a minute, she battled with herself before opening the door wider for him to come inside. Joshua hesitantly walked in but stopped in his tracks at the mess that surrounded him. He looked back at Amour whom held a look of sadness and rage.
Amour walked over to the couch and plopped down. Joshua did the same, sitting inches away. For a while, silence over took them as they both got their minds together on what to say next.
"He told me to leave town Joshua. I can't leave. Everything I know and comfortable with is here. New York is home for me." Amour said.
"I know. I know. And I'm sorry about Isaiah Amour, I really am. I know he was your best friend but he would want you to be strong." Joshua replied.
"Cut that strong shit out Joshua! How am I supposed to be strong when the number 1 man in my life is gone forever? You can't be strong for shit like that! Especially me..." She began to cry all over again. Feeling Joshua wrap his arms around her, she cried onto his shoulder for hours and he only sat there, not moving a muscle. He became someone she never saw herself venting too but he was the only one there for her at the moment. Joshua had been around for a while for her to trust him so she knew he was loyal.
"Do you think I should leave town?" Amour finally spoke up as she wiped the falling tears from her eyes.
"Honestly A, if you ask me, I think you got this hustle shit in the bag. You can do it. You can keep building what your brother started and I know that's probably not what he wanted you to do but believe me, the streets need a chick like you."

_________________
THE NEXT DAY

The next day, Amour was on it. After talking with Joshua all night, he'd only given her the green light to come in and take over. In which, it was her passion to hustle and make quick money and with her brother being gone, she stepped up. Since she was released from Juvie, she hadn't stepped foot in the trap since then. She was gone a whole month leaving her brother to be boss in which, he was. But now, she was. She sat in the passenger's side of Joshua's coupe, watching the niggas her age slang dope for her brother. They were sloppy is what she pointed out and figured she needed new members. New women to bag up product and new niggas to distribute it. More clean and precise.
"I'm gonna get this under control. Trust me on that." Amour said.
"I know you is A. Now is you ready to go in here?" He asked her. She nodded her head and the two got out. They walked across the street to the house and as they approached, one of the few men that stood outside noticed Amour. She sized him up but more so ignored his presence as she passed him, walking inside. Instantly, the smell of marijuana hit her nose as she walked throughout the trap to see it a mess. Dirty money was sprawled all over the place, including the floor.
"What the fuck is going on in here?" She asked, entering the livingroom where it held a couple of guys. One was counting money while the two others played a game of 2k. She unplugged the tv causing both boys to smack their lips. They looked at Amour and wanted to get smart, however, Joshua was right behind her, staring the two guys intensely in their eyes.
"Answer her young niggas." Joshua said.
"We were just playing a game of 2k." One said and she looked at the boy whom counted the dollar bills. Seeing as though he was being productive, she let him be.
"Joshua, grab them and take them to the kitchen." She ordered and Joshua did as told. He roughed the young boys up and took them inside the kitchen. Amour then jogged up the stairs, checking every bedroom before seeing as though they were all empty. Amour then grew pissed as she only counted five men throughout the entire house. With as much product of marijuana and cocaine, she needed more men inside and out.
Minutes later, she entered the kitchen to see everyone with a look of confusion.
"Isaiah is dead." She started off causing some to just shake their heads in which, she didn't ask for no pity. These niggas meant nothing to her nor her brother reasons why she was letting them go.
"Now that my brother is gone, I will step up and take his place." Amour said.
"You couldn't wait for that spot." She heard, before locking eyes with one of the boys.
"What's ya name?" She asked.
"Drew." He replied nonchalantly.
Within a quick swift motion, she slapped the fuck out of Drew causing spit to fly out of his mouth. He covered his mouth instantly, wincing in pain as he stood up only to be knocked down so quickly by Joshua whom came to Amour's defense.
"Joshua you better get this bitch!" Drew shouted as those around watched in fear of Amour's next move. Truth was, Drew was new to dealing and being around the environment of drugs. He hadn't known the game was so harsh and to be violated by a bitch, he wasn't fucking with it. Those around looked in fear because they all knew what Amour was capable of. Although she was only 17, she was raised on the streets and many respected her.
"I got your bitch." Amour said and in another swift motion, Drew was staring down the barrel of Joshua's pistol that she'd grabbed from his waist just moments before and he had no knowledge of it.
"Either walk out of here silently because I'm sparing your bum ass or see heaven's gates. You pick."

Thoughts?