Chapter 2- New friends

Aethers POV:

I walked into my first period late with a nurses slip. "Sorry I'm late I was at the nurse miss..." I handed the teacher the slip, looking up to see a woman with purple hair and pale complex. It made me feel somewhat at ease as her soft gaze was upon me. "It's alright sweetheart you must be Aether. Your seat is next to Xiao if you would please go sit down." She smiled as she pointed at the boy sleeping at his desk. My heart sank as I looked at the spot she pointed to. I slowly made my way to the desk afraid of this school year. I sat down, Xiao lifted his head. His glare scared me half to death as I kept my eyes forward. "Why are you sitting next to me freak?" I looked down at my hands that were placed in my lap, fidgeting. "The teacher assigned me this seat..." Heat a small groan out as he placed his head back down. I looked up to see a boy in front of me with medium length white hair. He had a fair skin complexion.

~ 30 minutes later ~

The bell rang for first period to be over, our teacher dismissed us. I looked over at Xiao who was still asleep. "Uhm... Xiao?.." I slightly nudged him to wake him up. His eyes started to open as he lifted his head, his eyes met mine his glare returning in his tired face. "What do you want?" His voice was a little raspy but I was still nervous. "The bell rang... and you were still asleep..." His face showed that he was still annoyed at me. "Is that your excuse?" His face had slightly softened as he sat up all the way. He got up and looked at me. He looked away grabbing his bag he left the room. Me and one other person was in here, the white haired boy. I got up as the boy turned to me. "Excuse me, do you by chance know Tighnari?" I looked at the boy as he looked at me. "Yeah I know Tighnari, he's actually a really close friend of mine why?" I was confused on how he knew Tighnari but I didn't question him. "Well uhm... I'm Cyno and he told me to come find you if I wanted to talk to him. We have been friends for a bit I just never went to the same school." His voice was smooth, his eyes soft. "I see, follow me I have my next class with him. What's your next class?" Cyno looked at me before pulling his schedule out to look. "I have English with Ms. Nahida, what do you have?" I looked at my schedule to see what I had. "I have... hah! The same class. Come on I'll take you there." I smiled as we both walked out of the classroom and quickly made our way up the stairs to our English class. As we entered the room Tighnari looked up at us and waved to grab our attention. "You guys made it!" Tighnari smiled as me and Cyno sat down. Lumine came in shortly after taking a seat next to me. "I'm so hungryyyy." Lumine whined as the teacher stood up from her desk to begin the class.

~ 15 minutes before class ends ~

I looked up from my desk to see what the teacher had written down until a wadded paper ball landed on the table next to me. I looked at the hall for a second before grabbing it and opening, my face feeling pale as my eyes were now sore from holding back tears. The paper was hurtful, the real question was how they about that. Lumine looked over my shoulder to see what the paper said as her face proceeded to become pale as well. "Aether... you should probably report that." She had worry on her face as she looked at me. I turned to her not sure what to say I just stayed quiet.

To be continued~