Monster (Chapter 10)

Bolt, Sarada and I walked through brush as we continued our mission. It was a B Ranked mission and we had to go wipe out some small commune of missing ninja.

"We should be close now." Sarada said. We might hate each other but we work oddly well together.

"Yeah. You and Bolt should go off to the right and I'll take the left." I told her and she nodded.

"Are you sure?" Bolt asked.

"Yeah I am." I told him as we got closer to the small camp. There were a few tents scattered and one guy standing watch. "I got him." I said as I quickly jumped out with my scythe out and charged the guy. I quickly sliced his head off before he could even react. I looked around quickly and motioned for them to come over. I kicked the guys head over to the side and scanned the area better. There were about 10 ninja there and they were all in their tents.

"Now what?" Bolt whispered.

"We kill them." Sarada and I said and the same time.

"I think Nova should take the left again and we can take the right." Sarada said.

"Good luck you two." I said and quickly made my way to the tent. I pulled back the entrance way to the tent to be met with a punch in the face. I flew back into a tree and feel to the ground. "Fuck." I cursed as I wiped the blood from the corner of my mouth. I stood up to see him charging at me with a katana. I put my scythe up just in time and our blades clashed. We both pushed forward but I was stronger and he jumped back. I skillfully spun my scythe and got into a fighting position. "Let's go." I said with a smirk. We charged each other and got into a pretty heated battle. I heard Bolt shout and I glanced toward his way for a moment then felt a sharp pain in my side.

"Got you." The guy said and pulled the katana out from my side. I held my side and looked at him.

"You fucking piece of shit." I growled and slashed his stomach, making his organs start to fall out.

"B-but how...?" He asked weakly.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I asked with a smirk as I kicked him over and left him for dead. I ran over to Bolt who was surrounded by three guys. I quickly took them out and went to him. "Where the hell is Sarada?" I asked.

"She ran off with one of the guys. I was going to go with her but these three surrounded me." He said.

"Let's go after h-" I said but got cut off by someone grabbing my neck and pulling me back.I was so surprised I dropped my scythe. I was pulled back at least 15 feet and came to an abrupt halt.

"NOVA!" Bolt shouted as he ran toward me. I put my hands to the hand around my neck trying to pry it off.

"Let me go you fuck." I said with a horse voice.

"Where's the fun in that?" I heard a smug man said. I could see his sly smirk across his face. He used some fort of jutsu that lets him stretch his body, I never saw that before. I Glanced back at my scythe that was laying on the ground near Bolt.

"I'll be fine! Get Sarada!" I shouted to Bolt who hesitantly ran off toward her. I looked back at the and glared at him. I dug my nails into his hand drawing blood.

"You really think that will get me to let you go?" He chucked as he squeezed harder. I winced as I felt myself getting dizzy from the lack of air to my lungs. He tightened his grip even more, I could feel my neck was about to snap. Fuck fuck fuck I cursed in me head. I saw his smirk widen as he snapped my neck. I felt my body go limp and then the ground against my body. Everything went black for a few moments before I opened my eyes slowly. I saw him walking toward my scythe. I reached out toward it even though I knew I couldn't reach it. I glared at it and I saw it start to move. My eyes widened and I tried with all my mental strength and the handle came flying into my grasp. The man quickly looked back at me in shock. I just smirked and stood up. I put my scythe on my back and quickly snapped my neck back into it's proper place.