1

William arrived back at the mansion late at night, the cold air brushing past his pale skin as he stepped into the house, basking in the warmth of his home. The matter with that Earl took a little longer than he had anticipated.

He took off his coat and placed it around his arms, slowly making his way up the stairs to his room. With light and careful steps, he twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open before closing it behind him.

He placed his coat on the chair not far from the bed, smiling softly as he made his way to the soft mattress. His smile grew as he tugged the blanket gently, revealing a pile of silky pink locks that was huddled under the sheets.

Carefully slipping in, he wrapped his arms around the thin waist and pulled the body closer, causing said person to stir, turning around as they buried their head into the broad chest.

A light chuckle escaped William's lips as he kept one arm around her waist while his other hand carefully combed through the soft hair.

"Welcome back," Eleanor mumbled as she lay peacefully against the male.

"It's good to be back," the ruby-eyed male replied softly as he placed his chin on her head before closing his eyes, following her as he slipped into deep sleep.

Upon entering the new house, William greeted his younger brother, hanging his coat and hat as he went to sit on a chair. Carefully sipping the tea in his hand as he relaxed. "It feels as though I've finally come home," he said.

"'Come home' is a bit out of place, isn't it?" Louis said with a laugh. "Other than the quick inspection we made when we purchased the residence, this is your first time coming here, right?" He asked as he turned to the male.

"Indeed, this is no more than a temporary residence, chosen because of its proximity to the university. But regardless of where it may be, any place where I drink your tea is home to me," William said as he turned to the younger man with a smile, which caused him to grow embarrassed.

"Oh, that reminds me..." Louis spoke up again, handing William a letter. "This came for you." He said.

Placing the cup of tea on the table beside him, William picked up the letter. "The Viscount of Belfor?" He questioned.

"Yes. It seems he's the lord over this whole region," Louis replied.

As William opened the letter, Eleanor carefully descended the stairs, wearing a silk nightgown with a blanket around her shoulders. She approached William from behind, gesturing Louis to stay quiet to which he simply smiled as wrapped her arms around William's shoulder, leaning against the chair as she placed her chin on his shoulder.

"When'd you arrive?" She questioned, her voice slightly incoherent as she lazily glanced at the paper in his hand.

"A little while ago," William stated as turned his head slightly, pressing a gentle kiss to her temple as he smiled.

Eleanor only hummed softly as she returned his gesture, placing a kiss on his cheek before releasing him, as she went to drag a chair and place it next to him before sitting on it.

William shot her a smile before he turned back to the letter in his hand, carefully reading it. "He would like to have us over for dinner when we have the chance, would he?" William questioned out loud. "Albert is going to arrive tomorrow, right?"

"Yes. He is finishing up his current job, and said he would come to see how everything was." Louis explained.

"I see. Then let's all four of us accept his invitation," William stated as he stared at the piece of paper in his hand.

The day soon came where all four left for the promised dinner. As night fell, the Moriarty Family set out to the Viscount's estate.

Eleanor sat on the end of the table, between the Viscount and William as she gazed blankly at the wine glass in her hand, not bothering to pretend to listen to their conversation.

"Well, I must say. Lord Moriarty, I am delighted to have you and your whole family around my dinner table. I hope that we, as fellow noblemen, can enjoy each other's company for many years to come, as well," the Viscount said, his eyes darting around the dinner table, his gaze taking its time to move from the zoned-out Eleanor to the rest of the brothers.

"Yes, as do I," Albert said.

"Tonight is a positively smashing evening," the Viscount said, as he turned his gaze to Eleanor who finally snapped out of her trance as she felt herself falling asleep. "I have been quite curious since you have entered, but might ask who this beautiful young lady is?" He questioned as he stared at Eleanor who mentally cringed but kept a polite smile on the surface.

"Ah, right. This is my wife, Lady Eleanor Moriarty," William introduced, making sure to emphasize on the 'wife'.

Eleanor turned towards the Viscount with a smile on her face. "It's an honor to meet you, Lord Belfor. I've heard much... high praise about you and your...graciousness towards your people," she said. Her words caused her to recoil in disgust.

A laugh escaped the man as he raised his glass. "Receiving such praise from a maiden such as yourself brings me great joy, i believe I will drink up,"

Eleanor's smile twitched slightly.

As the Viscount drank his wine halfway, his butler stopped him, leaning down slightly. "Your lordship, that is plenty," he warned.

He looked at his butler and sighed, placing the cup on the table. "Hmm? Is it?"

"Also, it is just about time for your lordship's medicine," he reminded.

This caught their attention as Louis spoke up, "Is something the matter?"

"Oh, just a spot of heart trouble," the Viscount dismissed.

This time, it was Albert who questioned, "Your heart?"

"There is no cause for alarm. Not as long as I have this," he said as he showed a purple bottle.

"And that is...?" It was William's turn to ask.

"They call it quinine. It was originally a drug for malaria..." the Viscount trailed off as he drank a cup of water after taking the medicine. "But from what my personal doctor says, it's also effective with heart ailments."

William hummed in thought as the Viscount continued explaining, "As it happens, this quinine is homemade. The plant they make it from, quina, is grown here in my conservatory."

"Lord Belfor, is horticulture one of your interests?" Eleanor asked with a light smile on her face.

The Viscount turned to her thoughtfully. "Hmm, in a sense. Collecting rare plants is a hobby of mine," he said as he rubbed his beard.

"Indeed. And this hobby of yours yielded unexpected benefits," Albert commented.

Viscount Velfor looked at him as an idea popped to him, "Oh, if you're inclined, after dinner, would you like to see my conservatory?" He asked.

William looked at him for a second before he smiled. "Yes, by all means."