Chapter 1

Wow, this was supposed to be a one-shot, but halfway through, I knew I had so much more I wanted to do with these characters. I hope you all enjoy, and no, the next chapters won't even come close to the length of this first one lol You're in for a sweet story and a lot of good feelings. The idea came to me on my last trip to NYC, and I started writing this on the train home. If you've read some of my previous stories, you know I'm a big musical guy. Happy reading, and please read tags X

Writing in Italics are musical quotes.

"Your total is $32."

Louis had to stop himself from rolling his eyes as he handed over his debit card to the bartender. As much as he loves going to Broadway shows, he can do without the obscene drink prices. And to make it worse, he was positive when intermission hits, he'll be back for another double.

Luckily, he paid virtually nothing for his seat ticket, so he could somewhat justify it.

As soon as Louis had his drink, he made his way to the doors that led into the theater. Just being so close to going inside had him jumping on his heels excitedly. Sure, he's seen Wicked too many times to count, it's his favorite musical. But he's never been able to see it front-row, and he knew tonight would be like no other.

Louis glanced around the lobby as everyone waited for the doors to open, excited kids squealing to their parents and more couples than he would like to admit talking amongst themselves.

Like always, he tried to stop the thought that he was at another show by himself. Musicals are his happy place. They're a wonderful escape for a few hours. But there was no hiding the constant reminder that he was alone with no one to share the joy with.

As Louis sipped at his drink, his eyes continued to scan around the room, checking the doors impatiently once again. He let out a huff, seeing they still weren't open, but he did see a tall, curly-haired man with his eyes trained right on him. But as soon as he caught him staring, the other man quickly turned away.

Now, it was Louis' turn to look a little, and the more he saw of this stranger, the more interested he became. One, he looked like he was here alone, which was perfect, and two, he was hot as fuck.

He had a strong jaw and a beautiful complexion that allowed Louis to see the slight pink to his cheeks. His short curls stood free on the side, while the front was pushed up and off his forehead into a style that suited him perfectly.

He was wearing dark skinny jeans with black boots and a loose white button-up that was barely buttoned. His collar bones and forearms were completely exposed, his tattoos noticeable and too attractive not to look at.

And now Louis was really staring. The more he took in his features, the more infatuated he became. He couldn't help himself. This man was gorgeous and alone, which was flawless.

Louis had to gather himself for a moment and try to think about how he could go about this before the show started, and they were separated. But it seemed he didn't have to think too hard about a plan, as it was only a second later, the other man's piercing green eyes were on him again, this time, a smile playing at his lips when their gazes met.

Louis let out a deep breath, holding onto his drink a little tighter as he felt his pulse pick up and his feet subconsciously moved him towards this guy.

"You know..." Louis went up to him, clearing his throat and making the stranger look at him a little wide-eyed. "Usually, I'm not so keen on random men staring at me."

The other man opened and closed his mouth, clear panic behind his eyes, "I-I uhm- I'm sorry," his gaze went to the floor as he shook his head.

"I said usually, curly. I'm making an exception for you," Louis slightly smirked, seeing the taller man snap his eyes back to him, clearly surprised.