"You will never be her."

You and Syzoth quickly established a friendship once you met, despite all adversities and thanks to Lord Liu Kang, you were supportive and helpful in helping Syzoth adapt to the land during her stay there.

It didn't take long for the feelings of friendship to turn into something more, something romantic. Long talks under the stars, walks holding hands, eh even the sweet taste of the first kiss, which he gave you the day before his return to Outworld where he would be appointed as an emissary. Not even a week had passed when you were summoned by the new empress, Syzoth had expressed her feelings for you, which caused her, in gratitude for your collaboration with Liu Kang's champions, to offer you a position at court as one of his advisors and thus be able to be close to him, or as you called him "my Syzoth".

Although he traveled a lot to be the emissary, his relationship with you blossomed, passion left no room for waiting, making love with him was something so beautiful and special. The old wise men had warned that due to their Zaterran nature it was almost impossible for you to get pregnant, your pregnancy was not compatible with that of a reptile.

So you didn't worry about it, time passed, Syzoth returned from Zaterra hungry for you.

"Y/n? My treasure, where are you? He asked approaching the garden of the royal palace, he knew that she usually spent the afternoons in her absence reading a book among the flowers. "Love, you're finally back..." I suddenly noticed that he had a beautiful bouquet of yellow flowers, similar to tulips on earth, and he was slowly kneeling before me. "I finally got full acceptance from my people, well, not that I care, but I want to do things right and I just wanted to ask you if... do you want to marry me?"

His emerald green eyes penetrated my soul, my body trembled and I only managed to throw myself at him and hug him, "yes, yes, of course, my love."

And so it was, we got married two months later, it was strange, it was the first time in a long time that the Zaterrans were together with the warmbloods under the same roof, Mileena was very kind to allow us to celebrate our wedding in her palace.

Syzoth promised me that he would take care of me, that he would not allow anything bad to happen to me, of course, he had already lost his family. He never wanted to talk about that topic with me, I thought that little by little he was overcoming his pain, I never asked him, I didn't want to hurt him with his own past... I thought that his wounds were healing but I was wrong.

It wasn't long until I became sick, nauseous, dizzy, I never imagined it was a life growing inside me. It wasn't until a trip to Earth that my discomfort worsened, my friend Ashrah raised the possibility that she was pregnant, oh my Argus no! That was impossible, right? I ran to take a pregnancy test before returning home, I had to take advantage of being on earth and the result made my blood run cold, positive, something I thought was impossible. She was pregnant! I had to tell my husband, a new beginning, a new life growing inside me. Once I crossed the portal, I ran towards my house, and there he was happy, waiting for me. As soon as he saw me, he ran towards me and kissed me passionately. His arms gave me the purest feeling, true love. It wasn't until I broke the kiss, panting and avoiding further heating up the matter that I knew would end up between the sheets of my bed when I decided to tell him "Syzoth! "I'm pregnant, we're having a baby!" My eyes full of tears of joy and my warm smile collided with a face of bitterness and disgust, I felt him walk away from me abruptly.

"That's impossible, it's a lie," he sighed and then clenched his fists tightly, hitting the wall hard.

"Love, I'm pregnant... it's not a lie" my face was petrified but I still approached him and touched his shoulder, instantly his eyes fell on me, with disappointment, anger?

"I thought it would make you happy to have a family with me."

"I already had a family!" He pushed my hand away and covered his face. His tears broke my heart, but his words, the bitter taste they left in my mouth, I will never forget.

"You don't understand y/n! I betrayed them! Replace my wife! And now to my son!! Syzoth fell to his knees and without saying another word he burst into tears, an agonizing scream, finally the accumulated pain had resurfaced, it was an unprocessed grief that he never brought to light, a time bomb.

"I'm sorry... I..." my body shook and my voice broke, not knowing what I should do, I just tried to hug him, it was useless, I wouldn't let him get close to me, The other person grabbed me by the shoulders and looked at me with a deeper look. Sad that I've never seen it.

"I loved them, and I changed them for someone like you, and now they will think, no! My little! I'd think his father forgot him and traded him for another boy! You will never be her!! And that child you carry in your womb WILL NEVER BE MY LITTLE LITTLE ONE! You understand! What did I do? Wow, they didn't deserve that, their death, they didn't deserve it, I should be with them now, the three of them being happy, I failed them." He was finally getting rid of his pain, but it was too late for me, my body. I trembled, his words They were a dagger that tore my flesh and my soul. It hurt me, was I a usurper? My body did not respond but the tears did not stop flowing from my eyes. I could not react. It wasn't until I was finally able to let out a sob in the midst of so much bitterness and that lump that got stuck in my throat that he reacted, he looked into my eyes with regret for his words, he had realized what he had told me. . . "Y/n, I didn't want to, it wasn't my intention, I love you, I just..." without saying more words he hugged me tightly, but my body didn't react, I wanted to run away. , I wanted to disappear from that place, I was breathless, now I didn't want to know anything, I felt like I was in a farce, in a failed attempt to heal a wound, I didn't want to replace anyone. , I just wanted to form a new story, my story, my life. I got up with the little strength I had left and headed towards the door. Syzoth hugged me, he didn't want to let go, I tried to clarify his reaction but...

"My love, no! y/n, I'm so sorry... I thought I could rebuild my life and heal with you but I will never stop thinking about them, you will never be her, and that's okay but it's not the same. I feel so guilty. .." I stopped him, I didn't want to hear any more "my son is not a replacement, I'm sorry for being a failed experiment in punishment, I'm sorry for believing this son would be as loved by me as he was by you."

I swallowed my tears, it hurt me but I took courage and got out of there, he didn't follow me, I just saw him collapse on the ground defeated, maybe we both needed a little solitude, if only he had told me about his pain. I would never have let such a storm come to this point that tormented his heart. My doubt, did he ever love me? I will never be her, I may never have a place in her heart.