02 ~ Ashlee Brodigan

(Maddi)

'Hey guys.' I say as I sit down at the table which already is seating Kyra, Katrina and Charli.

'Hey Maddi. how'd you sleep?' Kyra asks taking a bite of her apple and handing me one too.

'Fine, I forgot how nice it is to wake without the sky being pitch black in the morning, but then again Caitlin's snoring was loud as fuck so it took me ages to get to sleep.' I said taking a bite of my apple before noticing Harper sitting on Charli's lap and I put my hand over my mouth. 'Oh whoops, excuse my language.' I say giving Katrina an apologizing look.

'Did someone say my name?' Caitlin says loudly as she makes her way into the room grabbing a banana and sitting next to me.

'speaking of the devil.' I mutter under my breath before shooting Caitlin a smile 'hey shrek'

'I don't care what you say, I refuse to believe that I snore. It must be impossible no one I've roomed with has ever complained before.' She defends herself before I can even say anything else about her antics last night.

'well you must be sleeping in a room with Macca because only deaf people can't hear the noises you make in your sleep.' I snort before Mackenzie Arnold sits down next to me.

'Hey I heard that.' Macca says, partially offended yet there's a sense of humor in her voice as she says it and the table laughs but mine is cut short when I see Sam and Teagan Micah walk in.

'Ugh not her.' I say annoyed with just the sight of Sam

'What is it with you two?' Macca asks looking at Sam, but definitely asking me.

'She's an annoying asshole, who can't stop hitting on every female football player she lays eyes on. She's been mean to me since we were 13 but then yesterday she didn't recognize me and when she saw me she said something like "oh butcher, didn't know you could look good"... fucking asshole.' I tell her before the two take a seat at the table. We talked for a while before Tony calls us outside for training.

I split up from Ellie, Kyra, mini, raso and Charli doing my leg exercises that Tony makes me do before I do anything athletic ever since I ruptured my Achilles in 2021 and I was kept off sport for a year which killed me so I wasn't risking it happening again especially not before the world cup. Brandi Cole the clubs main physio stays beside me before having a quick look at my leg before I finish up my exercises, grabbing a water bottle and having a quick drink before running back to Tony who's waiting with Sam. I roll my eyes but put on a smile in order to make Tony happy.

'Alright girls I want you two and Mackenzie to do some match simulation on that half, Maddison you'll be defending Sam and Sam will be striking. Makenzie you'll just do what you normally and block any of Sam's strikes.' We all nod and I can see the amusement on Sam's face as she notices how much I'd rather be doing anything than play on her in my first training back with the girls. 'Ok girls, I'll come check on you soon. Good luck.' He holds up two thumbs up, and I smile before turning to Sam.

'Better get prepared because I'm not going easy on you Kerr.' I say throwing the ball to her and she does a few small kicks of the ball into the air and dribbling over to me. 

'Never been more prepared in my life.' She smiles and I smile back 'ready?' I nod my head and she dribbles it around me but I quickly get back in front of her and nutmeg it through her legs and move smoothly away from her laughing as I do so. It felt so good to be back doing the things i loved, in the place I love with all of my favourite people (excluding Sam) I stop for a split second and Sam catches up to me trying to regain possession of the ball I try to stop her but she's one of the best female players in the world for a reason and she quickly gets it off of me, I curse but quickly sprint after her, I catch up easily but just as I'm about to snatch the ball from her she sticks her leg out, tripping me over. My body collides with the ground, 'oops sorry.' Sam says sarcastically before offering me her hand but I get up on my own and shoot her a nasty look.