"FLEETING CASTLES"

SCOUGHS*
Building castles in the air but now it feels like they were made of sand
Fleeting moments of happiness, slipping through my trembling hands.

Forever, a concept that danced in my dreams,
But reality shattered it, or so it seems.
I believed in the magic we shared,
But now I see it was nothing but a snare.

You spoke of inspiration, a muse in my life,
Yet your words were deceit, cutting like a knife.
I cherished every gift, every heartfelt letter,
But now they're tainted, memories I'd rather forget.

We painted a vision, a future so bright,
But it crumbled away, swallowed by the night.
Our castles in the air, once sturdy and strong,
Now reduced to ruins, where they don't belong.

Life, they say, is not always a bed of roses, But I was prepared to face it with you, no poses. We dreamt of a future, our children's names in tow, Places to explore, activities to bestow.

But forever, my love, is a mere illusion, A mirage that fades, causing hearts confusion. Though we celebrated each other, through thick and thin, I still root for you, hoping you'll win.

Once so close, intertwined like a vine, Now we stand worlds apart, with awkwardness as a sign. Your vessel holds potential, talents so great, May they all come to light, may they illuminate.

Your bright eyes, your smile, your lips so rosy, Your curly hair, a touch that once made me cozy. Though it wasn't forever, I'm grateful, you see, For I experienced love, even if only fleetingly.

So, as I bid farewell to our shared past, I'll cherish the memories, they'll forever last. Forever may be an illusion, my dear, But the moments we had, I'll hold them near.