Chapter Six

Cassandra was pretty sure that everyone hated her now.

The people never hesitated to whisper mean words whenever, and they glared so much at her, that she wondered how she was still alive. She didn't really understand why they were so hostile towards her when she wasn't the one to initiate the fight. Yes, she was the cause, but she didn't suggest the fight.

After two days of being scrutinized by everyone, she realized something. Everyone was preparing on a large scale. They acted like it wasn't a fight, but a war.

"Why are they preparing so much, Eleni?"

Eleni stopped brushing her strawberry blonde hair. "You don't know?" Her voice was dry, "We're preparing for war against Alpha Cyril's pack."

Cassandra choked and sputtered, "W-what? War?" No wonder the people looked like they wanted to eat her alive. "But I thought this was just a fight between Alpha Calix and-"

"You thought wrong." Anastasia, who was seated at a corner of the room rolled her eyes. "Even other packs are considering siding with Cyril. It's turning into something dangerous." She eyed Cassandra, "And it's all for a weak human female like you. Fucking stupid."

Cassandra flinched at her tone. Her fear dissipated and turned into anger. Narrowing her eyes, she spat, "I didn't ask to be here, you know? You should say that to your Alpha's face, coward."

Anastasia stood up swiftly with the intention of hurting her. "You stupid-"

"Anastasia." Eleni's cool voice cut the tension. Giving her a look she spoke once more, "Calm down."

Anastasia glared daggers at her, but backed away.

With a heavy sigh, Eleni dropped the wooden comb on the table. It was obvious her mood had gotten sullied by the news of war. Nevertheless, she smiled. Or tried to smile. "We will be taking our leave now."

The women left quickly, leaving Cassandra alone with her thoughts.

She sighed. She didn't feel at all safe living with a group of people that hated her. She doubted that anyone could. She looked at the window, watching men and some few women walk by.

Her eyes widened and a faint gasp left her lips as something struck her. She hadn't heard the voices. Not last night. Not the night before. Was it because she was so occupied here? Or was it because she was closer to the forest than ever? Or maybe it was something else that she couldn't put her finger on?

Whatever it was, she was overjoyed. Her ears didn't ache as much and she felt more energetic than usual. If only she could just channel her energy into escaping.

Alpha Calix had taken precautionary measures. He made sure that there were guards everywhere. She couldn't escape, even if she tried. Although that ruined her mood, she was glad that the male hadn't made any moves on her. He always treated her well and asked for her permission for the littlest of things.

When he heard about the mean things his members had said to her, he didn't hesitate to shun them aggressively. After that, nobody dared to say that to his face.

She couldn't believe it, but he wasn't so bad. He was just different. She stretched and yawned and prepared for a nap. She would think about a plan later. Yeah. Later.

***

"War?" Prince Phoenix stared at the vampire before him. He stacked the documents neatly and pushed them away. "Are you being serious or is this one of your silly jokes, Karan?"

The vampire smiled lazily, revealing his white fangs. "What do you mean? I'm always serious."

The fae prince stared. "You're not being serious now, Karan."

Karan rolled his red eyes, further leaning on the lush couch. "I'm being serious. And as far as I know, Alpha Cyril challenged Alpha Calix-"

"Alpha Calix?" Phoenix's eyes widened, "He agreed to go to war?"

"Even I'm shocked, Prince." The vampire murmured, "Apparently, it's over some woman." Karan was curious. How beautiful was the female to actually make Calix loose his cool? He was getting really curious about the woman. And when he got curious, he had to find out.

"A woman, huh?" Phoenix hummed, "Well, that is understandable considering the fact that women are rare over there." He tapped his long fingers on the wooden table. "You know the drill, right? We're heading there. We can't let the war happen."

Karan nodded. He really wanted to see the woman.

***
Haha, short chapter, I know.
Guess I ran out of word juice
Just introduced two more characters!
How do you think they're gonna evolve over the chapters?
PS- Thanks for the 100+ reads! I hope you're enjoying reading this book as much as I enjoy writing it. :))
Happy new month~
xoxoxo ( ◜‿◝ )♡