Snape

Regulus had calmed down as he talked to Remus about the books they've been reading. Remus had brought him to the Hogshead, a smaller pub where they likely wouldn't be bothered. Regulus had thanked him for that.

"Do you think Sirius and James are actually going to hurt Lucius?" Regulus whispers out. He had been thinking about it. Are they actually going to physically fight him, or will they duel? What if they argue? That would be embarrassing as they'd likely bring up Regulus.

"I would have to say most likely. You don't understand how much Sirius hated Lucius without even knowing who he was. I doubt that just went away; if anything, it probably doubled," Remus admits. Regulus thinks on these words. It is silent for a while, each of them thinking. "You know, I would've joined them if I knew you would have been safe with someone else." Regulus looks up in surprise at this. There's an angry glint in Remus' eyes.

"Really?" Regulus asks. He doesn't quite believe that Remus would get in trouble for him. He knew Remus liked him a decent amount, but Regulus never considered himself a part of the marauders. They'd kill for each other.

"Of course, I am pissed at what Lucius did. I just think you needed me more than they did," Remus says softly. Regulus feels his eyes burn slightly, so he looks away. When Regulus looks back up, his eyes catch on a patronus outside.

Regulus is about to say something to Remus about it when it hurtles through the door. It's a dog, and it looks suspici- "Regulus, Remus, come to the infirmary as quickly as you can. James is bleeding, and it looks bad," Sirius' voice rings out. He sounds frantic. People are staring at them now, but Regulus pays them no mind. He's already out of his seat, running towards the door before the patronus even disappears. Remus is right on his tail.

Regulus' mind is running miles faster than he is. One thought that is constant though it is 'It's my fault. If James is seriously injured, it's my fault.' That admittedly is not the best phrase to have repeating in his mind as they run all the way back to the castle. But, it's true.

Regulus can hear Remus' fast breathing behind him. He knows that he's in a similar state as Remus. The burning in his legs isn't even close to what his mind is doing though. They don't stop until they are through the infirmary doors. Regulus pushes the door opens, and stumbles as they do so. His legs are burning, and his throat is so dry. Regulus struggles to catch his breath, but he doesn't stop to talk to anyone. He needs to find James.

Regulus can see his brother's shoes under one of the curtains. He walks up to it, and he slips in. His heart skips a beat when he sees James. He has a giant slice across the entire right side of his face. It goes from the right side of his bottom lip, up through the outer corner of his eye, to the corner of his eyebrow. Regulus doesn't know when he started crying, but at some point Remus had taken Regulus into his arms.

Regulus can't look away from him. His entire face is covered in blood. It's all his fault. If he just hadn't freaked out, or hadn't told James it was Lucius, James would be fine. James would be perfect, untouched. It's all his fault. He can not believe he let himself sit around while James got hurt. Regulus can't believe he let this happen.

"Regulus, please, it's okay. He's going to be okay. The bleeding has slowed drastically." Sirius is blocking his view of James. He can't see James. What if someone hurts him now? He has to see James. What if he bleeds out?

Regulus can't move. He tries so hard. Something is holding his arms. He tries and tries, but they're too strong. "Move, move, Siri, I can't see him. I need to see him," Regulus pleads. Sirius doesn't move, and Regulus still can't get free. He looks behind him, and it's Remus. Regulus feels betrayed; why won't Remus let him see James?

"It's okay, Regulus. You need to calm down." Sirius still has tear tracks on his own face. Regulus wants to push Sirius to the side. James. "He's going to be okay. James is strong; he won't let Snape of all people take him down." What? Snape? Snape did this?

The abrupt change in Regulus' direction causes Remus to loose his balance. Regulus begins walking out of the infirmary. All he can think about is what he's going to do once he gets his hands on Snape. Oh, he could even make his family envious of all he does. He could use an unforgivable because after all Snape preformed an unforgivable act. Hurting what is his.

Regulus feels Remus' arms wrap around him once again. He thrashes around, pulling, hitting, kicking, anything, but Remus' arms stay secure around him. He tried everything. He needs to get to Snape. He only stops when he sees blood trickle down Remus' arm. Anger drains from his blood. He just hurt Remus. He feels tears rushing down his face.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Remus. Please, I didn't mean to. I would never hurt you. Please, I'm so sorry. Please, please, please, Remus. I promise, I promise I would never hurt you on purpose," Regulus cries out. He feels Remus shift, and suddenly, Regulus is against Remus' chest. He cries into Remus' shoulder, and Remus' arm now feel comforting instead of restricting.

"It's okay, Regulus. I understand, you're upset. It's not your fault," Remus whispers. Regulus cries even harder. He cries and cries and cries. He feels like he cries for centuries.

Eventually, tears just stop coming. Regulus keeps his face securely in Remus' neck. He can already feel how puffy his face is. Remus doesn't make him move. He just brings them both over to one of them beds. Remus allows Regulus to cuddle up into his side. Remus begins playing with Regulus' hair in a way that makes Regulus want James.

"Is James actually going to be alright?" Regulus croaks. He doesn't move his head. Everything is beginning to feel heavy.

"Yes, he is. As you were crying, Sirius was telling Pomfrey everything, and she was able to calm the bleeding. She couldn't completely stop it at first, but I think that's because, well based on what Sirius said, Snape created the spell that he used on James." Regulus tenses at the mention of Snape, but Remus just keeps running his hands through Regulus' hair.

"I'm going to kill him, Remus. I'm serious when I say that. If I ever see him again, he will not leave my sight alive," Regulus whispers. He can feel the air around them changing, but Remus doesn't pause his hands.

"I understand, Regulus, I do. He knows who he'd piss off, but he did it anyway. That's on him, but you cannot get expelled, Regulus. James would not like that one bit," Remus whispers. Regulus whines.

"You can't use James against me." Regulus nudges deeper into Remus.

"I can, and I will." That causes Regulus to let out a small laugh. Afterwards, he just hugs Remus closer. He feels alone. He really wants James. "Sirius is watching James. You can trust that James is being monitored. Go to sleep, Regulus," Remus whispers in a soothing voice. Regulus can't help but drift off.

"Than's, Remu'," Regulus mutters. He falls asleep to Remus running his hand through his hair the same way James would've done if he was in Remus' spot.