15 × the secret plans

"Where are we going, mister Heeseung?" The driver asked the boy when the two finally took their seats. 

Jake nestled into the cushion and peeked at the boy beside him. Heeseung was pondering for a moment and looked at him back.

"You haven't eaten anything yet, right?" He already knew the answer, so he didn't wait any longer before giving the chauffeur the address.

"We can just eat at my hotel, I don't like going to new places..." Jake uttered under his breath. Heeseung looked at him, with his eyebrows raised. 

"Oh, then take us to the ODYSSEUS." Heeseung changed and told the driver with no hesitation. Jake pursed his lips. 

He felt as if he was being a bother just from the beginning. However, he was also content with how easily Heeseung agreed to his whims. He took out a phone and out of habit opened the chat with Sunoo. He was not sure if he should inform his friends about that 'date' or whether to keep it for himself for the time being. Jake decided to do the former and turned off his phone.

"Aren't you being too frivolous, party yesterday, today another hangout... If you mess up your lines on Monday, I'll beat your-"

"Frivolous," Heeseung laughed loudly, "you've got such a unique way of choosing words. Don't worry, I can recite everything even now. Do you wanna see?" He suggested and cleared his throat. Jake stopped him waving his hand.

"No, just no," he answered and saw the boy chuckling at him. 

Jake sat back and stared out of the window to avoid talking to him. He got lost in his thoughts, writing countless scenarios for the day that awaited him. In the meantime, he was listening to the song that played on the radio. He liked it. However, only after it ended he realized the original singer was a woman, but the voice that he was enchanted by at that moment was Heeseung, who sang along.

Jake's cheeks reddened. He decided to not face the boy for the rest of the ride.

It wasn't long until the silence was broken by the driver, who announced their arrival.

"It's pretty in here," Heeseung admitted when both of them got out of the car and stood by the tall building. The logo of 'ODYSSEUS' was lit up in white and gold.

Jake nodded and entered the hotel first. Heeseung shook his head with a smile seeing the boy subtly running away. He turned once again to the car and walked up to the driver's window.

"Do you need anything else, mister Heeseung?" The chauffeur asked after rolling down the window.

"Stop calling me that uncle." Heeseung laughed. The old man worked for their family for almost all his life. That's why the boy treated him like part of his own. "No, but I don't know how long it will take in there. If you're hungry, you can just walk inside and order, it's on me."

"Thank you, but don't worry," the driver laughed and reached for the book in the glove compartment. It was next to the boxes of food. "My wife makes me lunch every day. I would be a very bad husband if I let it all go to waste and eat at a fancy restaurant without her. I'll be reading here. You kids go have fun."

"Sure will do," Heeseung laughed and left the man.

He entered the building and saw Jake standing in the hall. He walked up to him and noticed that the boy nervously was stomping his feet. When he saw Heeseung, he relaxed.

"You thought you lost me?" Heeseung joked and poked the boy's arm.

"Shut up."

Jake led them to the restaurant part of the hotel. However, he was stopped at the entrance of the dining hall.