Twenty-Three

The day has gone on as per usual- actually, nothing about it was usual what so ever. You kept thinking about the kiss with chuuya and every time you did, something fluttered in your stomach. Something else fluttered too, but she was irrelevant at this point in time.

When you were trying to find a new book within the small library, you couldn't even focus enough because the gingered man was all you could think of. He had corrupted your thoughts at this point.

So, there you sat in your room, attempting to read, only for it to fail. You slammed your book down on your bed side table and sighed. You began to question on how things were going to continue on. With chuuya having to be mean to you, you weren't sure if you could handle that, yet you felt as if you needed him.

From when you first saw him to now, everything had done a complete 180. From hating to caring. You sat there trying to think on how this was even possible.

Ever since that one little walk you two had in the park, when you showed your soft side, chuuya felt his heart change a little, and he hated that. He hated that feeling of wanting to suddenly get to know you, and now he hated the fact he wasn't allowed to. A complete 180.

When chuuya helped you during and after the incident, you got to see his true soft and carying side, that is what got you to start catching feelings. Seeing him try and take care of you and doing everything he could for you, like carrying you down to the kitchen and cooking for you, made your heart flutter.

The main thing that got to chuuya was how he was so scared to let someone get close to him again. He didn't want another person to end up bettering him or leaving like majority of the people have done in the past. Chuuya would let someone in, and off they went. His heart couldn't bare anymore of that.

You were so dumbfounded on how this past week had been going for you and you couldn't comprehend any of it. You swore you were gonna go mad soon if your life kept going like this. Being almost killed and worse this week must've been the absolute highlight to everything. It was just the cherry on top to your so called perfect life.

Sighing, you got up out of bed remembering you needed to discuss that matter with your father. So you made your way down to his office thinking on how to approach the topic. It was a little rough, but you didn't want to mention arahabaki. You were sure who to ask about that sensitive topic, you just needed the right timing to do so.

Opening the two doors, you walked inside and Mori lifted his eyes up to meet your figure. "Why hello sweetheart"

"Hi dad, we need to talk" you took a seat infront of his desk. Mori gave you his full attention as he closed the file he was reading, neatly placing it in a pile. "I need a personal driver, just one"

"Well, who would you like it to be? Clearly there's an issue with the ones I pick" Mori replied, a prick of a feeling hitting his heart knowing how much he's failed to protect you recently.

"I was almost killed going to visit Derek in the hospital" you stated. "These people who are targeting me are getting smart. They know I'm with the port mafia, I'm not safe anymore"

"I'm afraid not" he sighed. "This was my worst fear coming true" he clasped his hands together as he leaned back in his chair. "Being associated with me has almost caused you the worst experiences of your life and my heart truly aches....why are they after you?"

"They think I'm associated with someone I'm not. I had no idea what they were even talking about.....dad I'm scared. I don't want to die" you said as you felt a tear prick your eye.

"I don't think getting you a personal driver from here will help you......darling you need to go in to hiding until everything blows over. Kouyou and I need to find this other agency that is after you" Mori pulled out his phone, calling kouyou on the spot. "Hi, yes kouyou, we need to have a talk in my office asap.......perfect" he smiled, hanging up the phone. She was on her way up with questions filling her mind.

"Hiding? But where? And with who? I can't be alone or I'll-" you panicked only for mori to cut you off before you went mental.

"Relax" Mori let out a small chuckle. "I will let you pick someone to go with and I will send you two a private location that I own securely. A hotel that have port mafia men working inside" he reassured and you felt yourself slightly calm.

"But won't they know that you own it? They can track me down there" you asked, questions filling your mind.

"Not necessarily. I own plenty of places here in Yokohama, it'll be hard considering you'll appear off the grid. I have many acquaintances darling" Mori smiled. He knew how your mind worked and how much you'll think and question in a panic, so he continued on; "The security there are in the port mafia and are always armed. To get inside that hotel you must have a certain pass. It's privately owned after all"

"How come I've never heard of or even been there?" You crossed your arms. 

"It's a secret hotel you see. It's where I host majority of my meetings with other agencies and mafias. It's where their members go to stay when we have jobs together. It's very luxurious" Mori explained.

"I see.......so I guess I'll be staying there" you nodded, fiddling with your thumbs as you sat back in the chair.

"Staying where?" Kouyou said as she walked inside, the two double doors letting out a loud bang as they closed behind the rushing woman. "What's going on with y/n?"

"She's going in to hiding with one of our members here, whom she still has to pick" Mori explained. "I will explain to everyone in the port mafia once she's organized and ready"

"Oh god......she's a target" kouyou said as she frowned, feeling her heart ache. Worries filled her head and she felt a pit in her stomach. It felt as if she's failed as a mother to protect you.

"It's okay mama kouyou, I'll be okay" you smiled towards her. "Now.....I can pick anyone right?"

"Of course dear" kouyou said. "You need to pick someone you'll feel safe and comfortable with"

"Then I pick chuuya" you tried to keep a smile off your face. This was now a game of chess, going back and forth, and you wanted to win. He couldn't keep trying to keep you away from people, so you will only push back until all of his pawns are wiped off the board.

"Well now about chuuya-" Mori went on, only for him to be cut off.

"It's a great idea. She's starting to get close to him Mori, let her be" kouyou butted in. "Plus, he's one of our strongest members so she'll be safest with him" kouyou smiled down to you and you knew she was on your side in this battle.

"I guess so" Mori said, his face being easily readable: highly unpleased.

"I'll go call him so he can come down and the three of us can discuss this matter. Y/n, Hun, go pack your things" kouyou said and you got up off your chair, giving her a hug while whispering; "thank you"

As you went to your room, you felt your phone buzz. Looking at the screen, you smiled seeing dazai's name pop up. His message was that he wanted to see you again, but for you that may be a little hard. And that's exactly what you told him. 'I can't do that at the moment, im in a big sticky situation Dazai. Im sorry'

Thankfully, you knew Dazai would understand since he was from the mafia. A sticky situation never meant a good thing and he knew that. Whenever you two would hang around growing up, if he ever had trouble with something, which was almost never, he called it a sticky situation. Mafioso Dazai was a whole other man it seemed like from what he is now. He seemed less psychotic, but that was just because he kept it well hidden. He tried to be a different man than what he once was. You on the other hand, did not. You didn't leave, and you weren't sure if you ever wanted to.

Once your bags were finished packing, you sat on your bed while taking a sigh. You weren't sure how long you were to be in hiding for and it was beginning to get on your nerves already. But at the same time, you were thrilled because that meant you and chuuya could get closer. No more cameras. No more arguing. You two could settle things and just be normal and vulnerable. You had plans for the getaway.

———

Next chapter will be at the hotel, what's to happen there 🤭