Chapter 3: Truck

Skyler looks at the truck taking in all the damage that was done. Her headlights were busted, the passenger side mirror was gone. The bumper was damaged but not as bad as she thought it was going to be, it was bent inwards. She touched it and it fell off, mud falling with it. Scratch that, it was gone. The hood of the truck well, that had something fall on top of it there was an entire dent. It looked like someone jumped on it from the tree. Her driver side tire popped, she could see a slice from a rock that had taken it over. Her used to be clean, semi-clean truck was covered in mud, that was normal actually, so it wasn't too out of place. 

The interesting thing about her truck, Skyler noted that the bed of the truck where the tires meet something had fallen on top of that causing a dent, she could see the bark. She looked over at Adam who had his thumbs in his pockets in a wide stance and was licking his bottom lip watching her reaction.

"Are you waiting for me to scream and cry?" She asked him incredulously; did he really think that's what she was going to do. Adam blew out some air and she wanted to smack him, though he also brought her truck back over here, which begs the question where her trailer was.

"Where is my trailer?"

Yep, that was the question he was waiting for, and he paused, "Yeah, about your trailer, need I remind you it was a very old and on its last leg trailer."

"That trailer is not old," she looked at him irritated. She was being semi irritated; it was a bit of an old trailer. But it worked, it needed to move Dexter and only Dexter considering she owned one horse. It was a single axle one horse trailer.

"What year was that trailer made?" Adam asked, putting his hands onto his hips, Skyler folded her arms tilting her head at him.

"Why does that matter; you still have not answered my question. Where is my trailer?" He didn't need to know that it was from the 1970s, but it worked, and it was fine. It hadn't looked the prettiest, but it got the job done, which is usually how all her things worked in her life. It's not like she could just go out and get a new one.

"Your trailer is smushed."

"What do you mean it's squished."

"Well, you hit one of our big oak trees that we were planning on cutting down," he paused, "and well from last night's storm and wind, from your truck hitting it. Well, the old oak decided to fall down on your trailer, and your truck. You're very old trailer I might add," honestly, he was doing the last part to tease her, just cause he liked who irritated she was looking, petty on his part but he found it amusing.

"Can you stop telling me that my trailer is old, before I slap you? My poor trailer is now dead. That's what you're trying to tell me the trailer is dead, I feel like you're sugar-coating things and I'm about to beat you with this bumper," she pointed at the ground her fallen pumper that it was covered in mud and sludge, would she now notice had leaves on it oak leaves.

"OK, alright, I'm sorry,"

"Thank you, exactly how bad was it to get my truck out? Because Everett just left for school, how long have you been out there trying to get it out?"

"After the storm passed, it was around 4:30 in the morning which is usually when I wake up. So, we've been out there since five. Mavericks down there cutting up some wood to bring back."

"You guys were down there for almost two hours; I'm guessing the tree was on top of my truck and trailer wouldn't the cab of my truck be squashed too?"

"Ironically, I thought it would be squashed as well but when we pulled it out it was fine. Your back driver side tire popped so you do have your spare on there so I could bring it back here."