Chapter twenty eight

weeks later:
I wake up to the sound of thunder coming from outside. I finally decide to get up. I grab my phone and realize it's already 2:00pm. Great. I stand up and walk over to the bathroom to wash my face. I walk out in my sweatpants and tank top toward the kitchen.

Every day without pedri becomes harder and harder. My life feels over, useless and I hate waking up knowing that he won't talk to me and that he's out of my life. I've tried multiple times to reach out but no response. When I go to look for him at his house, Fernando won't let me inside because Pedro forbid him. I gave up at this point, there's no point.

"Buenos días" Eric says looking my way.
"Hola Eric" I reply and serve myself a glass of water. I walk over and sit beside him. I lean against him as he watches the tv. At least being with Eric gives me peace, but it's still not the same.

"Want to eat? We could go grab lunch?"
"I don't feel like going out. Everyone knows about Pedro and I, I don't want anyone to see me"
"Okay, then what should I make you for lunch?"
"Nothing I'm not hungry" I reply.
He sighs and pauses the tv.
"Nani, come on, you need to eat. You've lost a lot of weight, you don't look yourself. This isn't healthy for you, I'm really worried"
"I'm okay Eric. Don't worry about me" I hold back my tears. He shakes his head and resumes the tv.
"I'll always worry about you" he kisses my forehead.

Hours later Eric leaves because he has a dinner with the team. Obviously I'm not going, and I stay back. I lay in bed and watch tv. I eat some fruit but I'm not really hungry enough for a full meal.

It's raining, but there's a few things to clean up outside. I put on a rain jacket and walk out. Hopefully the breeze will help me feel better. The patio hasn't been cleaned and such, so I put on my AirPods and begin cleaning.

As I'm picking things around, I start to feel really sick. My head hurts even more than usual, my stomach hurts and I feel lightheaded. I sit down, and suddenly collapse, not knowing what happened.

Alejandro POV
Like everyone else, I heard what happened between Pedro and Delaney. Deep down I guess I felt bad. But at the same time I felt some hope that she would forgive me. Today I was in Barcelona visiting family, so I decided to check in on her. Besides they aren't together so Pedro wouldn't get mad, and if she told me to leave I would.

I arrive at their house, and immediately run past the gate once I see someone. I got closer and saw as her body was laid on the ground, unconscious.

"Nani! Nani! Wake up please" I panic and shake her. No response. I call the ambulance, hoping they'll get here soon. I take her into my arms, I see that she's bleeding but I'm not sure from where. they arrive I carry her over to them.

"Please help her! She won't wake up" I cry out.
"Sir, are you related to her?" They ask me. I shake my head.
"Okay well for now we need you come to the hospital, since you found her"
I nod, "I'll meet you there" I reply.

I watch as they take her body away into the ambulance. Her clothes are soaking from laying outside. She looks a lot more fragile than I had seen her. She looked so full of life before, now she seems so gone. It hurts me to see her this way, and the thought that I caused it hurts even more. I begin to drive off, when suddenly I realize I should do things the right way.

Earlier I noticed that the Barcelona team was out for dinner. I saw it on the Instagram of a few players. Luckily, I was able to recognize the restaurant and I drove there fast. I parked my car and quickly got out. It was pouring rain now.

I entered the restaurant, panicked, causing everyone to look toward me.

"I need to speak with Eric Garcia or Pedro Gonzalez from the futbol team" I tell the receptionist.
"Sorry, you can't come in it's a private party"
"Let me in! It's an emergency!" I say getting angry. Tears in my eyes. She shakes her head but I ignore her and move past her.