⚡ - Charred Statue gives the group 100 Windows...

"This isn't going to end well..."

-------

"No way...The statue—"

"—It's charred!"

Not only that, they garnered the whole attention of the students who minded their own business in Main Street.

"Grim—!" Ei's voice roared like thunder as she took the feline by the scruff and shot him a hard glare. "Causing trouble on the first day, pathetic." 

Grim was taken aback by Ei's brazenness "W-What did you say human!?"; Other than the incident earlier this morning—this was the only time he had to come face to face with Ei's anger. "And I have you know that I wasn't the one who started it! He did!" He quickly shifts the blame to Ace.

Ace gave him a hard glare, "It's your fault for getting easily riled up! I was merely joking and—"

"That clearly wasn't a joke you tomato-head!"

The auburn was baffled at the ugly nickname. "A-Are you serious?! Tomato-head??" 

The two hurled insults at each other. Their loud voices sparking up the crowd even after such an accident. 

"JUST WHAT IN THE GREAT SEVENS HAPPENED HERE?!" A voice cried out angrily, with loud footsteps encroaching the three of them. It would seem like the headmage himself, came to investigate the fiasco. Ei saw how his yellows orbs emitted a brighter hue of yellow when he saw the horrid sight of a charred statue in front of him.

In anger, he quickly took out his "lash of love" and struck the two rascals down, Ei excluded, as she was quick to let go of Grim's scruff and avoid the whip. Truly a sight to behold as she witnessed Crowley's fury. Seeing as how the crowd dissipated, they know full well about what's to happen.

"This is my Lash of Love! It'll be a hundred more years before you can outrun me, you troublemakers!!" Crowley continued his whipping, stopping after only a few more. "I told you just yesterday to 'not cause any trouble', didn't I? Then you go and char one of the beloved statues of the school! I would very much like to see you get expelled."

"H-Hold on, not that!" Ace exclaimed, taken aback by the thought of expulsion. After all, he had just arrived at NRC! Being expelled on the first day would be a new low!

"And you, this is not how you supervise Grim." Crowley was now scolding the purple haired female, and although she didn't really want to take responsibility, Mephisto wasn't there with her to take the bullet. Well, that was the idea until a familiar figure was spotted from afar a few moments later.

"No need to scold Ei. I'm sure she did the best she could." The man in question finally arrived to the scene, laxed and somewhat full of life as he flashed an upbeat smile. Ei couldn't help but raise a brow at the tall male, arms crossed with a curious look. And yet, what truly caught her gaze was a certain metallic object with a flat surface, and on it, laid foreign deserts all covered in a white glaze with what seemed to be fruits on top of it.

"Interested perhaps?" Mephisto asked the archon whose eyes remained glued on the pastry he was carrying. "I wouldn't mind sharing it with you." He could feel a smile tug on his lips.

Ei gently shook her head, "No need, It's yours to begin with." Oh how it'd be more convincing if it weren't for the way her eyes glimmered in pure curiosity.

The two seemed lost in their own world, seeing as how outside of their conversation—Crowley had the two troublemakers grounded—knees on the stone pavement, head turned away from each other. They could hear the headmaster's heel meet in intervals with the stone ground, the silence between them so loud that you could hear the ticking of the golden pocket watch that hung around his waist. 

"You, State your grade and name." He demanded out of the young male. Once Ace made eye-contact, he could feel his insides churn and a heavy weight on his back. The crow man's intense yellow orbs seeping through his flesh.

Ace gulped down his saliva, pausing to steady his internal turmoil. "Ace Trapolla, First Year..." He managed to mutter out.

"Then— Trapolla, Grim, and you two." Crowley captured all of their attention, all eyes on him. "As punishment, I order the four of you to wash 100 windows around campus."

"...EH!?" Everyone's voices popped out all at once, eyes wide and mouth agape.

"B-But Headmage, i-isn't 100 windows a bit..?"

Crowley was not about to entertain any excuses, and casually flipped his head to the side. "It's only right Mr. Trappola. You charred  the statue of the Queen of Hearts! If I wanted to, I can give you an immediate expulsion."

Ace made a sour expression, and quickly backed down.

"All of you will rendezvous at the school cafeteria after classes. Now, if you must excuse me..." Crowley's clawed hands took ahold of his pocket watch; checking the time. He hummed right before he let it hang lose by his side. "I shall get going. Paperwork's waiting for me inside my office." He then took off with a long stride towards east and took a sharp turn to the west; following the rest of the stone pavement.

Ace left the trio to themselves as well, glaring daggers at Grim before he was finally out of sight.

"You sure do bring trouble around you, Grim." Mephisto remarked, as he took another delicious bite of a cake in his array of pastries.

"It's not my fault! That tomato-head made fun of us! No one makes fun of the mighty Grim!" Grim yelled out in fury; his small arms crossed along the fluffy tuff of his chest.

They would've agreed, but getting made fun of was now the least of their worries...

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈ 🅣🅞 - 🅑🅔 - 🅒🅞🅝🅣🅘🅝🅤🅔🅓