Romancing the Crone

Author's pov:

Author's pov:

Zuri was recording Jessie in Central Park for a video message to Jessie's "friend", Darla.

"Hey, Darla. It's Jessie! Thank you so much for sending me that video of you cruising around Europe with your rich new boyfriend. If you consider a guy in his 60's 'new'," Jessie said before chuckling.

Zuri closed the camcorder.

"Don't get butter. Keep it upbeat," Zuri reminded her before she started recording again.

"So I thought I'd make a video for you about how awesome my life is here in the Big Apple," Jessie continued before walking over to Bertram. "Look who it is. Bertram. He's our butler, he caters to our every whim. Bertram, say hi to Darla."

Bertram smiled before he coldly said "Go away."

Jessie took a few steps away from Bertram.

"New Yorkers may seem a little bit crusty, but once you get to know them, they can be the sweetest people in the world."

Suddenly, Mrs. Chesterfield angrily stomped over to Jessie.

"Bessie!" she yelled. "My Zeus is missing! Probably dog-napped by your revolting little delinquents!"

"Please!" Jessie scoffed. "My kids would never go near that rat with hair extensions!"

"I wouldn't bet on that," Zuri said.

Jessie and Mrs. Chesterfield looked over to find Ravi holding Zeus while Luke was spinning him on the merri-go-round. Natasha and Emma were sitting in the middle of it.

"Faster! Faster!" Ravi yelled.

"Slower! Slower!" Jessie yelled.

"Stop! Stop!" Mrs. Chesterfield pleaded.

Suddenly, the merri-go-round stopped and Zeus flew out of Ravi's arms, resulting in Bertram catching him.

"Excuse me! This dog is under-cooked and overdressed," Bertram said as Mrs. Chesterfield ran over and took him.

"Zeusie! Oh! Are you all right? Oh, Bertram, how can I ever thank you for saving my precious little muchacho?" Mrs. Chesterfield said as she hugged Bertram.

"I am so sorry!" Jessie apologized. "I was making a video for my friend Darla back home..."

Mrs. Chesterfield then looked into the camcorder.

"Marla! Your friend is a horrible nanny! She couldn't take care of a bowl of sea monkeys!" she yelled before she walked off.

"I will have you know all of my sea monkeys died of natural causes! And a thirsty cat," Jessie argued weakly before she cringed.

°.♡┈┈∘*┈୨୧┈*∘┈┈♡.°

Back at home, Luke, Emma, Natasha, and Ravi were in the screening room, watching a video of a dog flushing a toilet. Luke scoffed and turned off his tablet.