A piece of you, A piece of me

Sun-kissed toned fingers trace lovingly along the crimson red fabric, painted obsidian nails lightly getting caught on the choker. It was simple in design but held so much importance to the ink-haired teen as she admired herself in the mirror.

It was given as a gift from her boyfriend, Tokoyami Fumikage, to mark their six-month anniversary and solidify their relationship. But the reason why it was so special was not due to the milestone of their relationship, no. It was special because this was Tokoyami's first-ever choker that he sacrificed and remodeled so it would not only fit her but match her hero outfit as well.

She loved it. The layered reds and the frills of black with a charm of a crescent moon are stunning. But no matter how stunning it is, she could not ignore the elephant in the room.

Tokoyami..was chokerless.

Sure, he had others, who in their right mind only owns one? But none complete him like his original. He would brush off questions when others in their class asked about the missing accessory or halfway through the day take off the choker he chose to wear and switch it for another.

This was why Bri was standing in front of her full-length closet mirror. She devised a plan to volunteer in being the one to do the class's bi-weekly massive shopping list in order to leave off-campus and get Tokoyami a gift. One last check before grabbing her shoulder bag, the class list, and her phone as she rode the elevator to the ground floor, told the class to behave while she's gone and she might bring back food and meet up with Mr. Aizawa who would be her guardian for the evening.

Fun fact about Mr. Aizawa that the other kids don't know about, he can't drive. That's right. No nonsense, stone-faced Eraserhead has no idea how to operate a car. Bri once heard Mr. Yamada refer to him as a passenger princess.

Mic is normally the one who does all the driving and the shopping because he likes those things, but he's currently busy. So when no one is looking, Bri and Aizawa switch places. This wasn't new. Mic allowed the teen to drive his car many times in order to run errands for him. Luckily for Aizawa's sanity, Bri works fast. She never lingered too long in a store and with permission she utilized her quirk to limit their need to walk all over the shopping district carrying multiple bags. They had some time to kill, so why not look around a bit.

As Bri and Aizawa made their way through the crowded shopping district, Bri thought back to the reason she was there in the first place. Tokoyami deserved a choker that meant as much to him as his original one did, and Bri was determined to find it. She scanned through each and every store, searching for something that would catch her eye. Suddenly, she spotted a small store tucked away in an alley. Bri couldn't resist asking Aizawa to make a quick stop at the jewelry store.

He grumbled, but ultimately agreed, and Bri quickly made her way inside. Aizawa follows slowly behind.
The store was dimly lit, and the scent of burning incense filled the air. Bri's eyes widened as she took in the sight of the various jewels and trinkets on display. Her eyes immediately went to a small velvet box displayed on a pedestal in the center of the room. She made her way over to it, her heart beating faster with each step. As she lifted the lid, her breath caught in her throat. Inside was the most beautiful choker she had ever seen.

It was made of thin black leather with a silver clasp, and the centerpiece was a moonstone in the shape of a crescent moon. She could already picture it around Tokoyami's neck, complementing his dark attire and matching the charm on her own choker. Without even looking at the price tag, Bri made the decision to purchase it. She walked over to the counter and asked the shopkeeper how much it was. Aizawa stood stoically behind her, his arms crossed, and his face set in a permanent scowl. The shopkeeper gave her a price, which Bri thought was reasonable, and she pulled out her wallet to pay. As she handed the shopkeeper the money, she couldn't help but notice the way he was staring at her.