I still love the way you smell

"So... uh... should we go to your room?" He asks.

I nod. 

He follows me to my new room. It's bare and empty, aside from a suitcase, bed, a computer. 

We sit on the bed together. It's expensive and soft.

We don't talk, I mean, I can't talk, so I don't mind much. We just sort of breathe together, heartbeats in sync. It's beautiful. I'm looking at the blank wall, he's looking at me, sky eyes wide in fascination.

And then he hugs me, wrapping me in his warmth and happiness.

"Oh, my Sunny, I missed you so much." He breathes into my ear, tickling the skin of my neck.

I nuzzle into his neck, my lips gently brushing against it, not quite a kiss, but not a purely platonic thing either, I'm sure.

"I'm just... I'm falling apart. Dying, slowly. People... well, they bully me, I just can't take it anymore. And I just kept imagining you in California, happy, kissing a girl with sunkissed skin and soaking up the hot air. Not texting me. Not thinking about me." He whispers.

I nod into him. 

He knows. He doesn't need me to write him a note, to tell him anything, to talk. He knows. He feels me. He knows that's not what I've been doing, he just can't help his jealousy.

"I need you, Sunny, I need you." He tells me, and I feel gentle tears land on my hair. 

I didn't realize until now how much I've needed him. 

I pull out my phone, and type, using the app dad gave me, to tell him what I need to tell him.

"I dated a boy in California. His name is Nik. He cut himself, and drank, and sometimes I drank too, and sometimes he'd have sex with me. And then I passed out while he was having sex with me, and we got caught, and he broke up with me because he was just using me I think, and now I'm here." The app speaks for me.

"Sunny...? You're gay? And how did you lose your virginity before Kel or I did? And drinking... Sunny... why?" He asks, eyes still red with tears, in disbelief. 

I shake my head, and shrug. 

"Odd question, but how does it feel?" He asks after a second of silence.

I assume he means sex.

"Painful, for me, but Nik liked it."

He nods slowly. 

"I'm sorry you went through that, Sunny. You didn't deserve that." He says, and hugs me again.

It feels absolutely wonderful in his arms, which are amazingly strong. I wonder how he'd look in short sleeves. I wonder if he has abs.

I look up, noticing for the first time that freckles lay splattered across his nose. I reached my fingers up to touch them. 

His skin is soft and the slightest bit tanned, and I love it. 

Without thinking for a second longer, I plant a delicate kiss on his nose, right on a freckle. 

He gasps in surprise, but then smiles.

"I adore you, Sunny."

(502 words)

(Title from Cotton Candy by Mccafertty)

A/n - finally, some good fucking fluff