Chapter 5

“Hayley…” a familiar voice said, turning her focus from the crowd to the voice, her eyes met the brown ones that glazed over her.

“Jackson…” Hayley said, looking at the long-haired alpha wolf.

“Could I have this dance,” he asked, holding his hand out. Hayley hesitated for a bit, before setting her drink down and taking his hand, looking at Klaus for reassurance.

“I see you’re pregnant again…” he said, once they had made it onto the dance floor, and had started to move around. “Yes, I am, twins actually,” Hayley said, noticing the tension in his voice when he spoke of her pregnancy.

“Who’s the father?” Jackson asked, and Hayley sighed knowing where this would go. “They’re Klaus’,” she said, and he tensed even more.

“You seriously would have more children with them, knowing what happened last time and how he treated you. You spent most of your pregnancy in the bayou because he was too overbearing and he was no good to you or Hope,” he hissed into her ear, and she could feel anger stirring within herself.

“Listen, Jackson, that is none of your concern. All you need to know is that I am pregnant, and they are Klaus’, no further explanation is needed onto why I would have his children again,” Hayley spat, breaking apart from him and looking deep into his eyes.

“This dance is over, just like anything we had. If you can’t accept for us to be nothing more than friends, we will no longer be anything, and if I were you; don’t make an enemy out of a pregnant, hormonal, hybrid, who is considered a Mikaelson,” and with that she turned on her heels, not before he grabbed her wrist turning her back around, and flashing his golden wolf eyes as a threat.

“I’m not scared of you, nor any Mikaelson. They should be scared of me and my secret weapon, you have no clue on what will reign on this family and this city,” Jackson spat back, letting go of her wrist but not before all the crescent wolves had encircled her in the middle of the courtyard, all the guest pushed out from the center.

“What are you doing?” Hayley asked, as all the wolves that encircled her flashed their wolf eyes.

“You seriously can’t believe that we were going to let more tribrids be born into this world, one’s enough,” he said hatefully.

“You aren’t seriously going to try and kill my unborn babies are you?” she asked, seeing him glare at her stomach.

“Watch me.” and with that two strong hands grabbed ahold of her forearm, keeping her in place as she struggled to break free of their embrace.

Jackson lunged forward, only to be caught by his throat  in a steel like by none other than Klaus, his hybrid eyes glowing, veins emerged from beneath his eyes, fangs extended from his gums.

“Have a care, mate. That's no way to treat a lady,” Klaus said, biting into Jackson’s neck and throwing him across the room, turning back to Hayley who was still in the embrace of the two wolves, he vamp speed forward, removing their hearts from their chest and their heads from their necks, leaving the North East Atlantic pack to take care of the bodies and the Crescent pack.

Jackson stood, feeling his neck, as Klaus took Hayley away from the center of the courtyard and to the side where he checked on her to make sure she was unharmed.

“I’m fine, I’m a hybrid with two tribrids inside of me, remember?” she smiled, seeing his concern for their unborn children, remembering he had the same expression on her face when she was in danger while pregnant with Hope.

Feeling him untense, she cupped his face in reassurance as he pulled her into a kiss.

The night came to an end with the Crescent pack running to the bayou in fear, Jackson Kenner luckily made it with his throat being ripped open, other guest now aware of the Mikaelson-way, two dead bodies, and the one thing running through Hayley’s mind was

“They should be scared of me and my secret weapon”

those that Jackson spoke ran through her mind the entire night.