Chapter 24

_ . _

Chapter 24

After a long preparation, it took three days for Samael and Erichthonius to arrive at Ayaia island. The trip was supposed to last at least five days because Ayaia Island is a secluded island that is not approved by the public. To put it simply, Ayaia Island is Goddess Circe's domain. The duration of the journey was shortened because Samael knew his way under the ocean of Olympus. Even though the ocean of Olympus is ruled by God Poseidon, the ocean is open to everyone; the same applies to monsters.

Though Poseidon is called the God of the Sea, he does not have full control over the entirety of Olympus's ocean. The same goes with Goddess Gaia, who is the Goddess of the Earth. Because divinity and nature are two different things, just like how the Moirai Sisters spin the threads of fate but cannot change or control them. It is the same with gods, who manage their domains but do not have the ability to control or manipulate them.

As they both entered the ocean, the carriage of Pegasus disappeared, followed by another carriage of clams galloped by sea horses. Samael rode on the carriage without hesitation, while the young king followed him with his eyes painted with hesitation. Samael glanced at Erichthonius and snickered. "Are you perhaps afraid, Your Majesty?"

Erichthonius frowned at Samael and replied, "No. It's my first time seeing a carriage like this."

Samael shrugged and sighed. "You're more like a princess than a king, Erich."

"Don't call me that," Erichthonius replied with a sharp tone.

"Don't tell me what to do," Samael replied with a glare.

The young king sighed and said, "I'm just telling you not to tease me."

"Very well, then," Samael replied with his arms crossed.

The carriage started to move, leading them in the north-west direction, where the path was heading to the darkest part of the ocean. Samael was resting his hand as he stared at the surroundings. Looking at the ocean made him recall a mix of good and bad memories. The ocean was this quiet when Poseidon dragged him into the ocean after discovering him at the ruined temple where Medusa lost her life to Perseus. His appearance was that of a human, but Poseidon's guards were looking at him as if he were a monster, which is partly true.

Perhaps because he doesn't want to be left behind in that temple, he revealed all he could in front of Poseidon so that he could take him in, despite knowing what he did to his mother. His pride and his will to survive overlapped, and he had no choice but to measure what was more important between the two. Despite being revealed as the Gordon child of the God of the Sea, he was somehow glad because he'd continue to live.

He heaved a heavy breath of boredom as he listened to the deafening silence of the sea, then shifted his gaze at the young king. "Erich, do you want to know what it's like living in the ocean?"

Erichthonius glanced at Samael's serious expression. He redirected his gaze at the silence of the ocean and replied, "If you're comfortable sharing about it, then I'll listen."

"It's not suffocating if that's what you think," Samael said as he stared at the appearing darkness not far from their destination. "It's like you're being consoled by the water in everything you do. The coldness and its warmth felt like an embrace of a loving mother; it's what it feels to me."

"You regard the ocean as your mother?" The young king asked him.

Samael chuckled and replied, "Is that what you understood from what I said?" He laughed one more time, making Erichthonius feel like an idiot as he spoke, "Well, maybe that's the case. The ocean has been with me ever since I came here. They say that nature also has emotions in this world because, just like us, they are also living things."