19

"Wake up Jackie!"

"Wake up!"

"Wake up Jackie!"

Jackie gasped awake, snapping his eyes opened and notice that he is in a deep lake. He quickly swims up to the top, swimming himself towards the shore. He looked up at the sky and saw the three jet and Johnny spinning in the sky, and he notices that Victor was the one who is spinning them.

Jackie quickly stood up, getting himself together as he quickly flies to where he saw his sister and Norrin landed. He landed on the road, looking at Norrin who is standing on the road looking up at Victor who have a metal spear in his hand.

"Norrin!" Jackie exclaimed when Victor pulled back his hand to throw the spear at Norrin. He quickly ran to Norrin, standing in front of the Surfer and raised his hands as he summoned the engraving shield in front of him.

Jackie let out a small gasp, looking down at where the spear is. The spear had gone through the shield, hitting him right on where his heart is supposed to be.

"Jackie!" Johnny screamed out, quickly running to his twin wanting to be there with his twin.

Jackie fall down to his knee, feeling himself falling down on the road. But he was quickly catched by Reed who stretched his arms to catch him.

"Jackie. Jackie." Johnny tried to approach him again but was stopped by Reed.

"Oh, God." Sue muttered, watching as the spear disappear into existence.

"Johnny, don't touch him!" Reed exclaimed, holding Jackie closely to his chest.

"Oh, God. Oh, God." Johnny muttered, not stopping the tears running down his face as he watch life slowly faded from his twin's eyes.

"You need to find a way to get the board." Jackie muttered weakly, looking up at Reed with his blue eyes which is slowly becoming dead by the second time passed.

"Jackie..." Sue let out, stroking her shaky thumb on her little brother's paling face.

"He is here." Norrin said.

"Reed?" Ben said, trying to get the said man attention from Jackie. "Reed." He is successful this time as Reed looked up at him to answer him.

"Victor's gotta have a pulse emitter linking him to his board. We can take it out, we can separate him from his board."

"He's too strong for me." Johnny said, looking away from Jackie to Reed.

"I could whale on him if I get close... but he could see me coming from a mile away." Ben said.

"It would take all of us." Sue said.

"Or maybe just one of us." Johnny said, wiping down the tears on his face.

"We don't know what it could do to you." Reed said.

"Let's not make this about me." Johnny said, looking into his sister's eyes to tell her to trust him.

Sue nods, placing her hand on top of Johnny's as her powers goes into Johnny. She watched Johnny flies away, looking down at Jackie who now have a tear running down his face, eyes showing fear to what's going to happen to him.

"I'm here Jackie. We're here..." Sue said, leaning down to kiss Jackie's forehead. Choking out a sob as she felt how cold his body is.

• • •

"Victor, I want to give you chance." Johnny said, stopping Victor from his struggle inside his stretchy body. "I don't believe that you wanted to kill Jackie Vic." He said, noticing the unshed tears inside the older man's eyes when he called him Vic. "Jackie love you with all of his heart."

"It's too late." Victor muttered, feeling Johnny let him go. "He won't forgive me. In death and in life." He said, looking up at Johnny right in the eyes as he takes off the hood and mask of his suit, showing his face to Johnny. "All of you, won't forgive me."

"Give yourself a chance, Victor." Johnny said, letting out a shaky breath as if he knows that Jackie had given up to stay alive down there with Reed, Sue and Ben. "Jackie did. So why can't you?"

Victor looked up at the sky before he looked down at the board.

"Please, Vic." Johnny begged with tears streaming down his face again as he struggles to get his words out. "I don't want to lose my twin."

Victor closed his eyes before opening them, looking straight at Johnny as he nods. "Alright." He muttered, hoping Johnny can hear him.

Johnny sighed with relief, nodding as he flies back to where the others are.

Victor clicked away on his screen as he follows after Johnny, giving the board back to the Surfer. He stepped off of the board, walking towards Jackie lifeless body.

Reed let Victor take Jackie into his own arms, watching as Victor takes off his glove to touch Jackie's cold face. A tear falling down onto Jackie's face as Victor hold the brunette close to him.

"You've gotta go." Reed said, looking at Norrin who is on the board again.

Norrin approached Jackie lifeless body, placing his hand right on Jackie's face. His face contorted in pain as he sees the happy memories inside Jackie's mind. He stand to his full height, looking at the others. "Treasure each moment with him." He voiced out, looking down at Jackie face who is slowly getting back its color. "And tell him he was right. We do have a choice." He said, taking off into the sky.

Victor looked down from the sky when he heard some whimpering sounds coming from the brunette he was holding and let out a small laugh when he saw Jackie's head moving right as everything goes to black.

The light slowly comes back, but Victor didn't care about that as he looked down at Jackie fluttering eyes which slowly opened, immediately looking up at him as if he knew that Victor was there the whole time.

"Hi." Jackie said, smiling up at Victor.

"Hi." Victor said, returning the smile with the unshed tears in his eyes.

"What did I miss?" Jackie asked, allowing Victor to drag him to him feet.

"I'll tell you everything." Victor muttered as he held Jackie close in a tight embrace, savoring the moment and having no intention of releasing him anytime soon.

"Jackie?" Jackie turned around at the sound of his twin brother voice.

Johnny quickly ran to his brother side right as Victor let him go, giving the twins a chance to hugs as much as they wanted to.

"Don't do that again, please." Johnny muttered, holding Jackie close to him. "Please."

"I won't. I promise." Jackie said, smiling into his brother's shoulder as Johnny let go and let Sue hugs him.

"What's your motive now, Vic?" Ben decide to ask, the said man turning to him.

"My motive?" Victor said, looking at Jackie who is looking at Johnny who is retelling the stories of what happened when he was gone. "My motive is to keep Jackie safe."

"Good answer." Ben said, nodding as he was suddenly tackled back slightly by Jackie. "Good to have you back kid." He said, rubbing Jackie back with his hand.

"Only happens in books huh?" Johnny teased, approaching the trio with Reed and Sue behind him.

"Shut up." Jackie said, feeling Victor's arm wrapping around his waist as they walked side by side with the others.