Chapter 3

AmerieAnoai: Luncheon

2,500,000 likes ~ disappearing comments

---

WWE is hosting an outdoor event for a charity event supporting people with cancer so Joe was called in to be a speaker at the event. My husband brought me along as his plus one and we made the decision to invite our oldest twins who are dressed in custom suits by yours truly.

We don't bring the kids out much to events because it's hard to keep them under control when they're rowdy and their attention span is pretty short. I don't want our children constantly being surrounded by adults when they are so young as it will force them to grow up faster and they are still only one year olds.

I smile as I feel Joe presses his lips against mine but I refrain from turning my head to meet his as I find him so irresistible lately. There are four weeks until we can be cleared for certain activities and I didn't tear during birth so we're on the right track but I don't think we can make it.

My fear is that I will get pregnant again the moment that we have sex since we do not have any contraception at home and we are not rushing to buy any. Through our first and only miscarriage we found out that I had been pregnant within weeks after having the twins and it's crazy to think that I could have had three one year olds in our home.

"My name is Joe Anoa'i and I have been invited here to talk about my journey with cancer which we all know is not an easy one to go through. The decision to share my story with the world was not an easy one because the c word is not something that anybody wants to talk about and many are not educated enough on the topic." Joe looks around at the people in attendance. "I was a champion that had to relinquish my title and that would come with questions that I was not ready to answer. Leukemia first came to me when I was twenty two years old and boy, did it rock my world."

I find myself tearing up as I listen to my husband speak because I know that this is not an easy topic to discuss.

"Cancer doesn't end when you're in remission and I will be on oral chemotherapy for the rest of my life." He sighs deeply. "It's not easy but if we show compassion to those suffering from cancer, do the necessary research and support the movements then I believe that it will restore some faith in those who are ready to throw in the towel. Thank you."