Chapter 3: Iron coffin.

"Guard!" – Jonathan shouted terrified for his life, trembling in his seat next to several other suited men.

The said guard tried to launch a liver punch at Velvet who swiftly dodged it and locked his arm behind her back, partially dislocating his shoulder. The guard whimpered in pain as Velvet moved her face towards his.
"Stay out of this, you don't have to die." – She said before fully dislocating his shoulder and letting go of his arm as he fell to the ground in pain.
"You know what? I expected a little more from the executive room itself. You got one big guy at the entrance and none inside? I expected at least twice as many." – Velvet continued, partially disappointed.
"W-Wait, you're an assassin, right? How much are they paying you? I-I can double it!" – Jonathan pleaded, knowing really well of his demise, and partially accepting it but still trying to bargain as much as he possibly could.
"You expect me to be a rookie? Someone who would let themselves get bought out just like that? Have some respect." – Velvet mocked, but she had no satisfaction from that. Only disappointment.

Jonathan wanted to utter several more words, but he was stopped by around nine thousand Joules breaking his skull apart and painting his brains over the steel armored wall.
Velvet sighed and loaded another shell into the shotgun, making up for the one spent on the target.
"Anybody else or are we done?"
Velvet's question was met with concrete silence that was only broken apart by the occasional whimpers of the guard. Not one of the executives dared to move seeing her formidable person, and actions. In the end she took out one of the best soldiers they have got already, as one of the executives noticed earlier.
"Nobody even wanting to say anything? Great!.. I'd recommend you get a good cleaner before selling this hole." – She joked and left the room.

Now it was to get away from this hellhole. There wasn't much to do except go back the way she came around... But there certainly was one more thing to do. She took out her pager while resting herself over the wall. She connected to the channel.
"White Fox here, target's confirmed down. Splattered his head over the wall."
"Great... you sound really battered. Do you need anybody there?"
"No, I'll manage with this one. If not, then that's on me... Logging off."
"Don't get yourself killed."

Velvet clicked off the pager and took a deep breath, readying herself for what's to come. She entered a light jog with the shotgun and moved through the hallways of the bunker, waiting for the inevitable fireteam that would sit behind one of the doors.
She went like this for a good while, until she reached the staircase. There she heard a lot of commotion, quickly she jumped off the stairs and suspended herself on the railing using her boots to hang head down.
When the commotion got close enough, she swung forwards and fired at the upcoming traffic, hitting several soldiers in the back and side, laying down most instantly. Then she got back onto the stairs and ran upwards while loading new shells into her shotgun.
She knew everybody who was yet to run down those stairs was waiting for her now. She looked around to maybe see something that would be of use, and there was: a fire extinguisher. Large one at that.
She ripped it off the wall and slid it outside the door she was supposed to leave through.
While swinging the door open, she heard several rifles click, they were there. All of them probably.

She laid down and took out her pistol.
While she was taking it out, she noticed her hand was shaking, she took on two genome modified soldiers and back earlier in her day's literal eldritch gods and now a bunch of soldiers with guns were enough to stress her out.
Even with that she didn't sway away from her goal, focusing on survival and completing the mission. She propelled herself off the railing and launched outside into the hallway, shooting the extinguisher with her pistol as she was sliding.

The fire extinguisher exploded into a grey mist and all the soldiers fired blindly into it, having their visors covered by the powders contained in the extinguisher.
Velvet jumped back on her legs and ran into the sway of gunfire that approximately led towards the hangar. She rushed outside the mist and tackled one of the soldiers, using him to slide on the floor while shooting back at the crowd.
Of course there's no way to go out of this one, dumb and stylish move unscathed as she ended up grazed by a lot of bullets, leading to nasty burn marks, but she was lucky enough not to be directly hit by any.
So she threw the at this point knocked out soldier on her back and ran towards the hangar.